Sherdog, we need to take a stand.

Casuals will keep shitting on the cards.

This statement is so played out. I've been following MMA since UFC 1. My BJJ instructor at the time gave me a copy on VHS of it, the next day...been hooked ever since. Maybe some of us have a historical frame of reference of the sport, and can point out when something is "watered down", or just plain "shit".

This isn't about sport for WME, it's about content...and a lot of it. ANY product that get's mass produced is going to weaken. Yes, lot's of fights end up being better then expected, but from a macro perspective, not so much.

Sky is blue, water is wet and retards on sherdog whine about cards regardless if they are good or not. It's just the way of things.

Whether you like the cards is up too you. Lets just judge it after is happens, that is all
i get what youre saying but hard to judge if im not interested enough to watch. i dont mind a card with up and comers and non-name fighters once in awhile but this is the most brutal stretch of cards ever.

Enough is enough. Too often on here there is a good majority of people shitting on cards, too weak, not enough star power, not enough promotion. How about we let the card play out before criticizing or talking shit for example?

Take UFC 221 for instance. Whittaker dropped out and even before then people talking shit. But guess what, it was a fantastic night of fights, stoppages top to bottom, crazy finishes and talent that turned to contenders.

Time and time again weak cards get shit on by the same old dipshits and over and over they look stupid when the weak cards turn out great.

I challenge you sherbrehs, before talking negatively about a card, can we at least let it play out before we judge?

Rant over
dana-white-thumbs-up-ufc-on-fox-13.jpg

The card was shit, i dont want to see fat guys and Chinese dudes fight.

Or, instead of bitching. We can just respond by not buying shitty ppv’s.

They expect us to pay good money for a PPV where the majority of the card has no steam behind them.
They need more PR behind PPV and big fights, these unknowns need to be built up on televised FREE programming in either other TV fights or a program like a "Behind the Scenes" thats more available than just on UFC fight pass prior to just putting them on the same PPV as fast fading names like Hunt and Romero.

These guys will help sell PPVs but in the end they're not young pups anymore and they will eventually leave the sport. We need young stars to be built from the ground up need to start promoting the new breed.

Back