Sherdog, we need to take a stand.

Can't imagine being a pathetic sheep like you. Let me guess, your favourite music is Justin Bieber and lady gaga because they sold the most on itunes.
the only sheep here is you
you probably only started to watch the sport in 2014 and still catching up on fight pass

We were hearing about shit cards, rightfully for the last decade before the sale.
and as i said then

it was one of the obvious signs zuffa were cashing out and getting ready to sell

along with Reebok
USADA
#thetimeisnow

and no
not for the last decade
not much you could do when the roster wasn't that great

Enough is enough. Too often on here there is a good majority of people shitting on cards, too weak, not enough star power, not enough promotion. How about we let the card play out before criticizing or talking shit for example?

Take UFC 221 for instance. Whittaker dropped out and even before then people talking shit. But guess what, it was a fantastic night of fights, stoppages top to bottom, crazy finishes and talent that turned to contenders.

Time and time again weak cards get shit on by the same old dipshits and over and over they look stupid when the weak cards turn out great.

I challenge you sherbrehs, before talking negatively about a card, can we at least let it play out before we judge?

Rant over
You've confused anticipation and enjoyment of an event. They're different things.

It's not always about quality to many fans. People dish out their money to watch names and stars. Fighters whom they are invested in.

Enough is enough. Too often on here there is a good majority of people shitting on cards, too weak, not enough star power, not enough promotion. How about we let the card play out before criticizing or talking shit for example?

Take UFC 221 for instance. Whittaker dropped out and even before then people talking shit. But guess what, it was a fantastic night of fights, stoppages top to bottom, crazy finishes and talent that turned to contenders.

Time and time again weak cards get shit on by the same old dipshits and over and over they look stupid when the weak cards turn out great.

I challenge you sherbrehs, before talking negatively about a card, can we at least let it play out before we judge?

Rant over

No.
Because that's not how you judge cards.

If it were, then you need to watch every single little Indie card or fight you can, because, "hey they might turn out to be good fights - you don't know until you watch".

Not super interested in any fight until Ferguson vs Khabib, and that's two months away...

It was never like this just a year or two ago from memory

Btw first post :)

Don't take a stand and don't make jokes or you'll end up like me.

No.
Because that's not how you judge cards.

If it were, then you need to watch every single little Indie card or fight you can, because, "hey they might turn out to be good fights - you don't know until you watch".
Wrong. Anything UFC is going to be at least half decent with some ranked fighters. Not some half wit regional show that guarantees nothing

It's not always about quality to many fans. People dish out their money to watch names and stars. Fighters whom they are invested in.
Which is exactly what UFC 221 did. Push fighters to mske people interested which worked in australia.

Rant over
That's because you are not making a distinction between a card having star power and unknown fighters.

I do see your point that two unknown fighters might fight harder and give a better spectacle than a legend of the sport.

HOWEVER, the guy became a legend because of something, and that is the value they bring to a card.

It is the same thing as demanding people to watch a college hoops instead of an NBA game just because the college kids can "possibly" entertain you more. But there's a reason most this kids will not make it to the NBA.... though that does not guarantee the NBA game will be the better game that night...

But you wouldn't pay to watch the college kids the same you would the NBA, would you?

ufc 221 sucked! i dont care how many stoppages there were! none of the fights meant anything except yoel v luke. its people like u who gives the authority to ufc to raise price of ppvs. keep buying their garbage!

fuck you and your thought police, we are free

Back