sherdog vs reddit vs checkhook predictions

Points/Scoring Update
We’ve made a change to the way points are allocated on the site - previously it was done statically based on the ‘guide odds’ of the bout. But now, points are assigned dynamically in proportion with how the community voted - in other words, outcomes deemed less probable by the community will award more points and in proportion to how-much-less-probable they are.

What that really means is that you’ll now notice that during the lead-up to a fight (and after you’ve made a prediction), you’ll see the points you’re playing for increase (if the community are disagreeing) or decrease (if the community are agreeing) accordingly.

If you want to look into the exact formula we’re using it’s available at the top of this page: https://www.boxingprophet.com/?scoring - but all you really need to know is that the community-split is now what's proportionally and dynamically assigning points.

Who are you again?

If you post at check hook go in the British and Irish forum and tell rob palmer his rankings suck, thanks.

Quick update to say well done Sherdog for out predicting the others for the Usyk fight. Unfortunately you guys failed to meet the minimum number of predictions for a few fights recently but would otherwise have won like Cotto vs Kamegai for example.

While it's not a problem in the slightest, I'd just recommend to make sure that anyone from this forum who likes to play on Boxing Prophet, just make sure you've joined Team Sherdog by following this link boxingprophet.com/?contestInvite=1475942c4b4d8165e

Hey Guys,

Here’s the end of September update…

Forum Battle
- Sherdog won 3 of the 16 bouts last month (although they only managed to make the minimum number of predictions in 9 fights).
- CheckHookBoxing won 9 of the other 16 bouts, with Reddit also winning 3.
- That means CheckHookBoxing are winning overall, but Sherdog are starting to gain traction as more users join the team.
- It also looks like fight beat (http://fightbeat.com/forums/) will be joining us for next month

Sherdog-only Contest
- “straightright” wins the month with 330 points (7th overall across the entire site)
- “xcutioner” takes 2nd place on 211 points.

Overall Contest
- The overall winner was “sovereign” (a user in the reddit contest) who dethroned “dboxing” with a score of 382 points
- The worst predicted fight of the month was understandably Golovkin vs Canelo with only “dboxing” calling the draw across the entire site.

General Update
- As you may have noticed, we changed the design a little last week to make it more “boxingy” - nothing has changed functionally though.
- This week we’re working on adding an optional email reminder for upcoming fights you haven’t called.

Thanks as always for the continued support.

Who the fook is that guy, straightright? Never even seen him post in this forum.

Do you realise that most of the people on here give literally no fucks about scoring competitions. If you want me to jump in I willl, but I don't really care about other opinions, my friends for sure, randoms it's a nope.

Do you realise that most of the people on here give literally no fucks about scoring competitions. If you want me to jump in I willl, but I don't really care about other opinions, my friends for sure, randoms it's a nope.

I realise it's not for everyone and I totally understand not caring about the opinions of complete strangers. You can make your own 'contest' and invite people you know - like your own mini-league of sorts. I've set up a couple of these - one for work colleagues and one for friends.

One thing I enjoy is making a prediction on fighters I know less well, maybe they're fighting on an undercard to a boxer I like or something. It helps make me more engaged in a fight I might not otherwise be that bothered about.

Obviously I'd love everyone to try it out and see what they think. It's just me and a buddy doing this site in our spare time and any suggestions to make it more fun or engaging are appreciated.

BUMP

Results (146)

Murata beat Blandamura by KO/TKO (7-9) 5 days ago
1st - Reddit won with 22.77 point average from 26 predictions - 58% Perfect - 100% Result-Only
2nd - CheckHookBoxing with 22 point average from 3 predictions
3rd - Sherdog with 30 point average from 1 prediction 3 prediction minimum
Rosales beat Higa by KO/TKO (7-9) 5 days ago
Result ignored - no correct predictions from any of the forum battle teams
Hurd beat Lara by SD 12 days ago
1st - CheckHookBoxing won with 14.83 point average from 6 predictions - 17% Perfect - 33% Result-Only
2nd - Reddit with 13 point average from 46 predictions
3rd - Sherdog with 36 point average from 1 prediction 3 prediction minimum

Come on guys. Me and someone else are carrying this but there is a 3 member minimum. reddit and checkhook are winning by default most times.

BUMP

Results (146)

Murata beat Blandamura by KO/TKO (7-9) 5 days ago
1st - Reddit won with 22.77 point average from 26 predictions - 58% Perfect - 100% Result-Only
2nd - CheckHookBoxing with 22 point average from 3 predictions
3rd - Sherdog with 30 point average from 1 prediction 3 prediction minimum
Rosales beat Higa by KO/TKO (7-9) 5 days ago
Result ignored - no correct predictions from any of the forum battle teams
Hurd beat Lara by SD 12 days ago
1st - CheckHookBoxing won with 14.83 point average from 6 predictions - 17% Perfect - 33% Result-Only
2nd - Reddit with 13 point average from 46 predictions
3rd - Sherdog with 36 point average from 1 prediction 3 prediction minimum

Come on guys. Me and someone else are carrying this but there is a 3 member minimum. reddit and checkhook are winning by default most times.
I predicted 9/11 in 2005.
Ill join

Weird bump?

I was about to mess w @Seano until he agreed to represent us. He 3x as old as me and 5x as ugly but he can sho nuf pick a fight. Go back to your nap.

Dang you guys are assholes just scared the guy away hahaha

Weird bump?

I was about to mess w @Seano until he agreed to represent us. He 3x as old as me and 5x as ugly but he can sho nuf pick a fight. Go back to your nap.

Yeah I hope one day im as good as @Seano at arguing and not getting pissed, I also hope I don’t have to be as old as him to get there.

Back