Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

I'm perfectly happy with my 1080ti and my 165hz predator 1440p screen, In a few months my e-peen will go floppy and I'll probably have a 2080ti after an impulse buy.
If you are running 1440p what would the 2080 do for you? The 1080ti should be smashing it at 1440 already right?

If you are running 1440p what would the 2080 do for you? The 1080ti should be smashing it at 1440 already right?

I've got a large disposable income, its not about what it would do for me, its about my lack of impulse control and flexing on people online with my specs.

I've got a large disposable income, its not about what it would do for me, its about my lack of impulse control and flexing on people online with my specs.
I like to Yell V-TECH when I Headshot people.

I like to Yell V-TECH when I Headshot people.

I usually just say "Hey its okay you got killed by a guy using probably the greatest computer ever made with god given talent, no shame in that."

I usually just say "Hey its okay you got killed by a guy using probably the greatest computer ever made with god given talent, no shame in that."

I don’t even have RGB :(

My 1990 dell mouse still poppin though

I don’t even have RGB :(

My 1990 dell mouse still poppin though

32gb DDR4 3200mhz ram
1080ti
2 samsung SSD's
1 4tb hdd

Next upgrade is i9 and motherboard tho

Which 1080ti do you have? I'm leaning towards an Asus Strix.

Colourful 1080ti Vulcan AD I was going to get the strix but my local store was sold out and I couldn't be bothered to wait.

That's an interesting looking card.
the RGB lights are great, but RGB lighting on fans in GPU's to me is pointless unless I hold my computer over my head while I game.

the RGB lights are great, but RGB lighting on fans in GPU's to me is pointless unless I hold my computer over my head while I game.
The back plate is weird
AEJD_131704343040582953QgmV1NWlQv.jpg

Can you get Jonsbo stuff where you live? I'm assuming your not in Murica because I haven't ever seen Colourful for sale here.

Last edited:
The back plate is weird
AEJD_131704343040582953QgmV1NWlQv.jpg

Can you get Jonsbo stuff where you live? I'm assuming your not in Murica because I haven't ever seen Colourful for sale here.

I'm in Australia, I've never even heard of Jonsbo hahaha. Colourful is the 2nd cheapest brand here, with the cheapest being Inno3d

I'm in Australia, I've never even heard of Jonsbo hahaha. Colourful is the 2nd cheapest brand here, with the cheapest being Inno3d
We don't get Inno3d stuff either. Galax was making a push in the US but it looks like they pulled out.

If you have a vertical GPU mount then I could see the use but otherwise most people won't need it at all

If you have a vertical GPU mount then I could see the use but otherwise most people won't need it at all
Beat me too it.

My mobo lays flat in my case so my gpu fans are what you see most through the side panel lol.

In my next build in my bigger case I have thought of doing the 90 degree mount kit add on

32gb DDR4 3200mhz ram
1080ti
2 samsung SSD's
1 4tb hdd

Next upgrade is i9 and motherboard tho
R3 1200
Gig a320 m(mini atx mobo)
1x8 3000,1x8 3200(I have the 2x8 3200 kit but both 3200’s won’t fit because of cpu fan width. The 3k ram stick is narrower than the 3200’s)
1xssd
2xhdd

Next is new cpu and mobo. And a m2 style ssd

Haven't posted much lately (or gamed for that matter), but I was walking through Canada Computers and found something that caught my eye. I wasn't planning to get RTX until more games utilized ray tracing, but it was in stock at MSRP and I couldn't pass it up. Plus, in a worst case, I have something to overclock and benchmark.

I need help, hoping someone can supply it.

Onkyo entertainment receiver of 19 years finally died last summer. Went out an bought a Yamaha receiver.

My Pc is behind my home entertainment center. With my Pc Audio card feeding into the back of the Yamaha receiver. When gaming i use the headphone jack on the receiver. Recently the headphone port on the receiver appears faulty; not recognizing the connection on insert and or recognizing the connection then disconnecting after X amount of minutes. After 15-20 minutes of fighting it the headphone jack will finally recognize a proper seating.

Years back i tried a splitter. Sadly it didnt support two stereo sources. Need a proper solution now.

I need help, hoping someone can supply it.

Onkyo entertainment receiver of 19 years finally died last summer. Went out an bought a Yamaha receiver.

My Pc is behind my home entertainment center. With my Pc Audio card feeding into the back of the Yamaha receiver. When gaming i use the headphone jack on the receiver. Recently the headphone port on the receiver appears faulty; not recognizing the connection on insert and or recognizing the connection then disconnecting after X amount of minutes. After 15-20 minutes of fighting it the headphone jack will finally recognize a proper seating.

Years back i tried a splitter. Sadly it didnt support two stereo sources. Need a proper solution now.
Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/4minds-Split...538157082&sr=1-2&keywords=audio+jack+selector

20180917_172015.jpg

Started this setup early this year

Omega chair
Omen PC
Alienware Curved Monitor
Razer blackwidow ultimate keyboard
Polaris mm800c rgb mouse pad
Hyperx Cloud 2 headphones
Logitech G pro wired mouse
Bose companion speakers
Amazon basics footrest
Glass computer desk
World map extended mousepad

Approx cost for everything - 6k

All it needs is a cable channel to tidy things up!

Back