Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

I am experiencing significant screen tearing on some games on my gaming laptop. (i7, 1060)
So to my understanding it has something to do with my monitors refresh rate? so games that i can lock in at 60 fps are fine like witcher 3 and tomb raider, but games like fallout 4 and darksouls 3 are a mess. Is there an easy solution?

I am experiencing significant screen tearing on some games on my gaming laptop. (i7, 1060)
So to my understanding it has something to do with my monitors refresh rate? so games that i can lock in at 60 fps are fine like witcher 3 and tomb raider, but games like fallout 4 and darksouls 3 are a mess. Is there an easy solution?
Are you using Vsync?

i finally got tired of staring at my water cooling stuff and ordered soft line stuff for my custom loops. I went to install my GPU block and I'm missing 2 screws. Arrrg.
A nekkid 1070
KIzPzWN.jpg

Why do PC cases have windows now ?
Some people like to make the inside of their cases look nice. It's one of those trends that 1 manufacturer started doing it, then all the others copied it.
If you want a quality non window case you're pretty much forced to go with Fractal Design or Be Quiet. Phanteks has a couple of higher end ones as well. Higher end to me is $150.

A seller on Amazon has the Swiftech H140-X AIO 140mm AIO on sale for $62.
You can switch the tubing on the AIO to clear and run a colored dye. Or you can add radiators, a gpu block, or reservoir to the kit.
See I actually thought about one of their products, the dual 120mm fans version. But there were a lot of horror story reviews on Amazon about it so I have steered clear

See I actually thought about one of their products, the dual 120mm fans version. But there were a lot of horror story reviews on Amazon about it so I have steered clear
I'm using it on my htpc so if it leaks, it leaks. I zip tied the barb fittings for extra security. I decided to go with it based on the CPU block is the same as what they sell individually for $50, the Apogee. Plus it includes 2 3/8th barbs on it which are $3-$4 a piece. So If i have to throw everything else but the cpu block away I still broke even. I haven't looked at it close enough to see if you can tear the pump off and reuse the radiator yet.
I threw it on my 7700k before I tore it down out of curiosity and got it to 4.8ghz @1.34 58 degree stable after 4 hours on prime95. I got an extra .1ghz and tiny bit less voltage over a Hyper 212 so for the money, it's not really worth it unless you want the aesthetics or plan to build a custom loop off of it. You can get 240mm aio's for that price if you watch.

Just upgraded from a poverty gtx 560ti to a gtx 1080ti
A 60hz monitor to 144hz
And a 600w psu to 750

Hope my computer doesn't blow up

I wish games where more demanding so I could upgrade my 5 year old i7 3770K.

Have the upgrade bug there's literally no point in doing it since requirements are low. Should be able to hold out for Canonlake/Zen 2 at this rate

I wish games where more demanding so I could upgrade my 5 year old i7 3770K.

Have the upgrade bug there's literally no point in doing it since requirements are low. Should be able to hold out for Canonlake/Zen 2 at this rate
I've got the 1230v3(4770 equivalent) and I'm just starting to notice things slow down when multitasking. Kinda sucks because for me it's either upgrade right now or wait for PCIe 4.0 but if I can snag a top of line CPU+mobo combo by 2018 for under $400 I'll pull the trigger.

3292681-screen-shot-2017-09-25-at-12-13-26.png

Coffee Lake October 5th release date. Gonna sit on my 3770K for another year since games haven't been that demanding (I can for sure wait for Canon Lake late next year).

Looks great though, i5 8600K will be a great seller for the builders (6 unlocked cores at over 4ghz). Those who don't overclock, the i5 8400 for under $200 is a fucking steal

i3's are bumped to quad cores, will be solid for budget builds. Few early benchmark threads are showing the i3 8350K going toe to toe with the 7700K which is crazy considering its almost half the price !!!

I already have an SSD so thats not an issue.

Sata based SSD's will be relegated to the third option of primary storage in the immediate future. Intels M.2 learning ram make sata HDD's perform at sata SSD speeds. This will be eventually turn sata SSD's to the extended storage peripheral market like external HDD's.

Back