PC Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

My 1080ti hybrid came in today. Hopefully now I can get the same performance as 980ti SLI but without all the crashes on Windows 10. I have a feeling I will get another one in a year. I don't think the leap from the 900 to the 100 series is nearly as big as we are lead to believe.

It doesn't look as cool as the 980ti did either.

bqTsuWh.jpg
What case is that and what did you do to that top hard drive cage lol?

What do you think,how much would my pc be worth?

Intel i7 2600k (OC 4.6GHz)
P8P67 PRO (LGA1155)
R9 390X (8gbVram)
8 gb Ram
640GB HDD
120SSD
Tesla R2 650 W Gold+

What do you think,how much would my pc be worth?

Intel i7 2600k (OC 4.6GHz)
P8P67 PRO (LGA1155)
R9 390X (8gbVram)
8 gb Ram
640GB HDD
120SSD
Tesla R2 650 W Gold+
I'm assuming this is well used, and that the RAM is DDR3 RAM, obviously, but I'd say you still might open the asking around $450, so long as you provide tons of pictures of a fastidiously cleaned PC and guts (get your rubbing alcohol out).

Yeah its still used but everything is as new..

Also i game on 1080p and can run almost everything at ultra/very high with good fps. Thank you for your answer*

Yeah its still used but everything is as new..

Also i game on 1080p and can run almost everything at ultra/very high with good fps. Thank you for your answer*
You might be bold enough to ask as high as $550, but that's pushing it.
  • The motherboard is worthless apart from its utility. Too old. Cheapest board available divided by two equals roughly $30.
  • The i7-2600K is basically on par with the i3-7100, so it's worth ~$115.
  • The RX 390X 8GB is by far your most valuable piece, but it's inferior to the RX 580 8GB new ($235), so I'd say ~$200.
  • The 8GB DDR3 RAM is slow, but I'd assign it a value of $30.
  • SSD & HDD combine to be worth about $80 new, so half it again to be fair. $40 value.
  • A solid 650W Gold PSU is worth ~$75-$100 new, depending on the unit, so let's call it $45.
  • I'll assume your case is old and has no USB-3 or USB-C front ports. Let's give it a $25 value for utility alone.
That's $485 there, but it comes with Windows, and possibly a DVD drive, so that adds some value, but then, unlike a new build, this has zero upgrade potential.

I think $450-$500 is probably the appropriate asking range.

• The 8GB DDR3 RAM is slow, but I'd assign it a value of $30.

I have to do it to you....

spab72110.jpg

DDR3 is only a tick slower then DDR4, and in real world applications you are not going to notice a difference safe for a few specific situations.

not gonna lie, i have a semi boner for that 1080ti hybrid. your case looks cramped =/

All the 1080 Ti's are feckin ginormous. I got a Strix and it's a 3 slot tank. No joke, around double the size of my old 980 Ti.

I have a full size Phantom 630 and I was concerned about size. Bitch is big.

All the 1080 Ti's are feckin ginormous. I got a Strix and it's a 3 slot tank. No joke, around double the size of my old 980 Ti.

wait what?

does anyone have a 980ti and a 1080 to compare the size? That shits fucking huge...

wait what?

does anyone have a 980ti and a 1080 to compare the size? That shits fucking huge...

I'll take some case pics and comparison pics when I get home (I still have my 980 Ti). It sounds fucked, but seriously, this bitch is big. It even has two 8 pin power connectors for whatever reason, I hadn't seen that before.

I'll take some case pics and comparison pics when I get home (I still have my 980 Ti). It sounds fucked, but seriously, this bitch is big. It even has two 8 pin power connectors for whatever reason, I hadn't seen that before.

your telling this to a man with 290x lol

it sounds like im about achieve mach 7

your telling this to a man with 290x lol

it sounds like im about achieve mach 7

Here ya go hootski. (Excuse my cable management)

YxkQoWp.jpg

f3ULHED.jpg

knnb4t0.jpg

So you can kinda tell from that case pic, but I pulled out the cages on the front because the mounts were actually borking up my airflow inside the case and I was running like 5 or 6 degrees hotter than I usually would, that was dumb. But beyond that and the fear of card sag, I love the thing. I just have a 980 Ti that I need to sell now, but one step at a time.

And okay, maybe not DOUBLE the size, but a marked size difference (in thickness too). I don't know if you can tell from that top view, but it fills a full third slot once you get it in.

Here ya go hootski. (Excuse my cable management)

YxkQoWp.jpg

f3ULHED.jpg

knnb4t0.jpg

So you can kinda tell from that case pic, but I pulled out the cages on the front because the mounts were actually borking up my airflow inside the case and I was running like 5 or 6 degrees hotter than I usually would, that was dumb. But beyond that and the fear of card sag, I love the thing. I just have a 980 Ti that I need to sell now, but one step at a time.

And okay, maybe not DOUBLE the size, but a marked size difference (in thickness too). I don't know if you can tell from that top view, but it fills a full third slot once you get it in.

Yep and thats why i'm getting a bigger case for sure. Jesus fucking Christ its fucking huge

I have to do it to you....

spab72110.jpg

DDR3 is only a tick slower then DDR4, and in real world applications you are not going to notice a difference safe for a few specific situations.

Ha! I was thinking more along the lines of compatibility, as I was thinking of value, but there probably is a market of users looking for RAM upgrades on the general used market. It might even be worth more than the DDR4 as a singular component. I was also trying to arrive at an ultimate pricing that would rationally situate his comp on the used market, so I didn't want to let something like that blow up my valuation model.

Which makes the new Corsair gaming PC all the more impressive:
20160218_one_0194.png

upload_2017-5-23_19-24-36.png

20161219_corsairone_06854.png

upload_2017-5-23_19-27-27.jpeg
They liquid cool both i7-7700K & GTX 1080 Ti with a 960GB SSD inside a 13.4L case (ex. NCASE M1 = 12.6L). It's under 15" tall.

King Steambox.

Which makes the new Corsair gaming PC all the more impressive:
They liquid cool both i7-7700K & GTX 1080 Ti with a 960GB SSD inside a 13.4L case (ex. NCASE M1 = 12.6L). It's under 15" tall.

King Steambox.

And only $2599, that's amazing value. I can part out one to $1800, but that's not counting water cooling or that god tier form factor. Yeeesh, Corsair pulled out the big guns on this one.

Props to Corsair

Yep and thats why i'm getting a bigger case for sure. Jesus fucking Christ its fucking huge

Bigger is better where cases are concerned. Unless you are really pressed for room, I don't understand the small form factor trend right now. Regardless of how smaller cases are designed you are never going to get a much airflow and cooling as you would with a mid, or full tower case.

Ha! I was thinking more along the lines of compatibility, as I was thinking of value, but there probably is a market of users looking for RAM upgrades on the general used market. It might even be worth more than the DDR4 as a singular component. I was also trying to arrive at an ultimate pricing that would rationally situate his comp on the used market, so I didn't want to let something like that blow up my valuation model.

I kinda figured that was what you were thinking, but using the word slower simply triggered me. I've seen far to many people on the interwebs think that as soon as the next generation of anything come out the previous generation is now utter shit.

One last time, GTX 1060 6GB vs RX 580 8GB....

Long story short, here is a visual representation of these two cards and how they trade blows....

giphy.gif

Back