Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v5: Stop Thinking of Your Router as a Peripheral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine these still fall under fancy overclocking RAM, but they were somewhat cheaper than if I were to buy them in my own country, do you think they would run well with the Crosshair Hero VI? Maybe I should just sit it out to see what works well, when both Ryzen and the other stuff is out, but there is only 1 left in stock, and I keep reading that the prices of RAM are going (or already went) up.

F4-3200C14D-32GTZ is the one I found for 30EUR less than in my own country.
They should work in the new Crosshair Hero VI. I'm using the same ram right now and they're working well.

Exciting days ahead. Hopefully the 1080ti reveal, my PC is ready, legs open and everything...

Anyone played Resident Evil 7? It looks very interesting..

AJLX724.gif

i was looking at getting 2 1080ti's

where is someone who believe in power like i do

AJLX724.gif

LOL. I'm not doing SLI on the sole fact it just isn't worth the extra FPS. Otherwise I would, but if it's going to give 25fps+ more in games, just not worth it..

LOL. I'm not doing SLI on the sole fact it just isn't worth the extra FPS. Otherwise I would, but if it's going to give 25fps+ more in games, just not worth it..

ugh well im going super 4k

tumblr_og7e5hvgyZ1td5qjgo1_500.gif

me in the pc gaming section

AJLX724.gif

Why would you get two? Trying to max 1440p wide screen 144Hz? No 4K monitor's go above 60Hz ATM and the new TI's coupled with top of the line CPU's will handle 60 fps on pretty much everything I'd imagine.

In terms of future proofing the next gen GPUs (Volta) will be arriving soon and they should provide the significant power boost I suspect you require. (Hopefully 4K, or even 8k 144Hz and ultrawide 4K 144Hz monitors arrive with it.

Why would you get two? Trying to max 1440p wide screen 144Hz? No 4K monitor's go above 60Hz ATM and the new TI's coupled with top of the line CPU's will handle 60 fps on pretty much everything I'd imagine.

In terms of future proofing the next gen GPUs (Volta) will be arriving soon and they should provide the significant power boost I suspect you require. (Hopefully 4K, or even 8k 144Hz and ultrawide 4K 144Hz monitors arrive with it.
Linus was able to do 8k gaming with three Titans, it was pretty cool.

there is one monitor coming out with 4k 144hz

I bought an MSI GTX 970 4G for $130. Already sold one of my EVGA GTX 670 FTW's for $80, now trying to get rid of the other one. Seems to be onpar with my GTX 670 SLI setup plus it's quieter and uses less wattage. Now need to find another one on the cheap to run SLI.

Picked up my new workhorse. I sold out, first Macbook ever....packs an expensive punch...
ZlsLSfU.jpg

Price drop for 1080 and the new 1080 Ti for $699.. Wow. I don't want a GPU yet until Vega is out but thats a pretty good price.

Price drop for 1080 and the new 1080 Ti for $699.. Wow. I don't want a GPU yet until Vega is out but thats a pretty good price.
Yeah the GPU's have dropped, showing up on 'sale' sites. I'd wait for the Ti release

RX480 is really cheap...I'd advise two in crossfire for anyone eyeing the 1070

That's assuming crossfire works on the games you want to play.

I have a GTX 1070 and 290x in Crossfire (an overclocked 290x is roughly the same as a 480, albeit with less ram).

In games where Crossfire scaling works, the 2x290 is faster. However, an overclocked GTX 1070 (I have mine set at 225+/600+ boost on core and memory) is within striking distance of the crossfire 290s, and works in every game. Plus, it consumes significantly less power.

The 480s are a great value, but crossfire is a risky proposition as it only works in about 70% of games.

RX480 is really cheap...I'd advise two in crossfire for anyone eyeing the 1070
<{cruzshake}>
If you have the choice between the 2, the 1070 should be your choice. You can pick up a 1070 cheaper than 2 480's. 1070s drop to $390 regularly, I've never seen a 480 8gb drop under $210.

not all games scale well with an additional card.

<{cruzshake}>
If you have the choice between the 2, the 1070 should be your choice. You can pick up a 1070 cheaper than 2 480's. 1070s drop to $390 regularly, I've never seen a 480 8gb drop under $210.

not all games scale well with an additional card.
you are both correct. My post is trash lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back