Sherdog Official Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread (New Desktop-class NVIDIA 10 Series GPUs Available)

I want to buy a Dell XPS 15 for film editing. I'm wondering if I should wait for the Intel 8th gen processors.

Does anyone know when the HQ series will be available? And will there be a significant boost in performance vs the 7th gen HQ series?

I want to buy a Dell XPS 15 for film editing. I'm wondering if I should wait for the Intel 8th gen processors.

Does anyone know when the HQ series will be available? And will there be a significant boost in performance vs the 7th gen HQ series?
Intel usually launches the mobile right alongside the desktop processors, in the same month, but Coffee Lake is proving to be a paper launch, and the lack of any details released about the mobile processors is one more indication that this is a paper launch. You could wait a month to find out, but if we haven't heard anything in the next 2-4 weeks, I wouldn't count on seeing any laptops out there for at least three months, and when they do drop, they'll probably be scarce, with far fewer options, and a higher premium on the components (meaning less value even if they are more powerful).

But considering the core expansion in the desktop models, if the same is brought to laptops, then yes, there is definitely a considerable potential for a large advantage to the Coffee Lake laptop i7's for photo editing over the Kaby Lake laptop i7's.

Okay, shutting down this thread version now that we no longer have post caps. New thread will be here:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-official-gaming-laptop-review-tread-revised.3639903/

Last edited:
Back