Sherdog Official Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread (New Desktop-class NVIDIA 10 Series GPUs Available)

i need some advice, i want to get a laptop so bad, but i also want to play watch dogs 2 when it comes out, so a gaming laptop won't play watch dogs 2, so i need help with deciding wther i should get a gaming laptop or build my own gaming pc. can somebody help? oh and i'm not looking to play games on high settings i'm just looking to play games and its going to be used for a bunch of other stuff also.

i need some advice, i want to get a laptop so bad, but i also want to play watch dogs 2 when it comes out, so a gaming laptop won't play watch dogs 2, so i need help with deciding wther i should get a gaming laptop or build my own gaming pc. can somebody help? oh and i'm not looking to play games on high settings i'm just looking to play games and its going to be used for a bunch of other stuff also.
If you read back a little the new desktop gpu's are being put into laptops. It costs a penny, but you can easily play watchdogs 2 on them

If you read back a little the new desktop gpu's are being put into laptops. It costs a penny, but you can easily play watchdogs 2 on them

ok how comes when i read the specs on laptops like alienware or msi they say gtx 960m

edit: i just looked it up again and aparently msi you can customize it with a gtx 970 12gb

Last edited:
how hard would it be to play gta 5 and black ops 2 & 3 on a gaming laptop without a external mouse?

how hard would it be to play gta 5 and black ops 2 & 3 on a gaming laptop without a external mouse?

With just a track pad? Sounds pretty much impossible. They make XBox controllers for Windows though.

ok how comes when i read the specs on laptops like alienware or msi they say gtx 960m

edit: i just looked it up again and aparently msi you can customize it with a gtx 970 12gb
You're looking at the wrong place. Search for ones on newegg or xoticpc with 1060, 1070 and 1080 in them. Alien wares suck

You're looking at the wrong place. Search for ones on newegg or xoticpc with 1060, 1070 and 1080 in them. Alien wares suck

thank you, you just ended my madness, the only reason i wanted to build my own gaming pc was because i thought i could play any game on it, now i don't have to build my own gaming pc i just have to save up a whole shit load of money and buy this laptop.

Looking for reccomendations. Requirements would be :
reliable/stable
able to run League of Legends at a reasonable setting
able to stream while running league of legends
Disclaimer : This is not for me, I have a desktop I built like a real man.
Can this be accomplished at say, Staples for less than 400 bucks? I am fine grabbing a 15.6 inch lenovo, or HP.

Get a lenovo with an amd apu. They're cheaper than their nvidia/intel counterparts.

Cheap often means low quality and made by the dumbest factory workers and will break soon, so you'll need to buy another one before long.

Cheap often means low quality and made by the dumbest factory workers and will break soon, so you'll need to buy another one before long.

Expensive can also mean the same thing. Laptops are still available with Windows 7 but I don't know what it will take to run video games and stream.

Looking for reccomendations. Requirements would be :
reliable/stable
able to run League of Legends at a reasonable setting
able to stream while running league of legends
Disclaimer : This is not for me, I have a desktop I built like a real man.
Can this be accomplished at say, Staples for less than 400 bucks? I am fine grabbing a 15.6 inch lenovo, or HP.

Go to NewEgg and get a refurbished one. I got the laptop below for $230

upload_2016-9-21_23-5-37.png

2.6ghz i5 core
4 gigs ram
320 gb HD
Intel HD 4000 Graphics. (Ivey Bridge)

I can run Dolphin (Wii GameCube Emulator) well and play youtube videos at 1080p 60fps withot it being choppy. The only PC game I've played on here is Prison Architect which is nothing fancy, but it ran perfect. I looked it up and it can also run league of legends. I would recommend getting a cooler pad with this laptop though as it gets a little hot without one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RB48B8974

Last edited:
$400?
mj-laughing.gif

Buy a Refurbished HP ENVY (not the m6 model) with an AMD A10 Quad-core cpu, integrated Radeon 8650G GPU. I upgraded ram to 16gb from 8gb very easy to do. for less than $400. The laptop is from 2014 i think, Its pretty good for the money. Bought mine for $380 HP Refurbished

I can run my Steam Library in Medium to High settings like Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonered, dead Island, Batman: Arkham City, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, the Witcher 2.....

Buy a Refurbished HP ENVY (not the m6 model) with an AMD A10 Quad-core cpu, integrated Radeon 8650G GPU. I upgraded ram to 16gb from 8gb very easy to do. for less than $400. The laptop is from 2014 i think, Its pretty good for the money. Bought mine for $380 HP Refurbished

I can run my Steam Library in Medium to High settings like Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonered, dead Island, Batman: Arkham City, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, the Witcher 2.....

Back