Sherdog nicknames for all 30 NBA teams

Kyd Blake

Stoner
@Blue
Reaction score
So ive been lurking the SB for a while now and im somewhat privy to a lot of the nicknames of players/teams here (ie Curry = flash in the pan, Kobe = The One True, etc.) However I bet newbies and even I sometimes get confused on the sherdog NBA nicknames for teams. So im gunna compile a list for shits and giggles and to eduate newbs so they know wtf team is being talked about in the NBA thread. So, off the top of my head:

Atlanta Hawks = Cawks
Boston Celtics = C's/Bostcan
Brooklyn Nets = Nuts
Charlotte Hornets = Hornuts
Chicago Bulls = Cows
Cleveland Cavaliers =Canaliers
Dallas Mavericks = Mavdicks
Denver Nuggets = ???
Detroit Pistons = Pisstains/Detroilet
GS Warriors = Warios/Golden Showers/GS Wussies
Houston Rockets = Rockettes
Indiana Pacers = Indicana/Gaycers
LA Clippers = Flerps/Flippers
LA Lakers = Fakers? (I think)
Memphis Grizzlies = Jizzlies
Miami Heat = cHeat
Milwaukee Bucks = Cucks (best one imo)
NO Pelicans = PeliCANs
NY Knicks = Bricks
OKC Thunder = Chokelohoma City/Blunder
Orlando Magic = Tragic (I think)
Philadelphia 76's = 7ankers???
Portland Trailblazers = Jailblazers/Blazzers
Sacramento Kings = Queens
San Antonio Spurs = Spuds
Toronto Raptors = Faptors/Faps/cRaps
Utah Jazz = Jizz
Washington Wizards = Wizcans/Jiz

As you can see there's a few teams I didn't get or I'm unsure of. Please educate me if you can SB regulars. This is my best guess lol.

Last edited:
Exactly my case but i don't undersant why people do this. Is this supposed to be fun ? Or is this more like a usage/habit used by all basketball fans ?

Hornuts
Blazzers
Wiz=Jiz
Raptors = cRaps
Detroilet

Jizcans sounds better for the wiz

I usually just call the Thunder... Chokelahoma City

Exactly my case but i don't undersant why people do this. Is this supposed to be fun ? Or is this more like a usage/habit used by all basketball fans ?

Idk, its kinda fun to make fun of teams especially when their made up of overrated cans. Teams like "jailblazers" actually have a story behind the nickname but something like the Jizz is just a convenient joke lol. I thinks its gold honestly.

Hornuts
Blazzers
Wiz=Jiz
Raptors = cRaps
Detroilet

Ah hornuts. I kinda thought that was what its was. I prefer jailblazers over blazzers. Forgot about cRaps lol. Detroilet is gold. "Detroilet pissstains". Brutal.

Updated the OP. Thanks to @clutchCAT420 for the one for the Mavericks I saw in the NBA thread. "Mavdicks" lol

No idea on Pacers or nuggets LOL. 6ers either.

Last edited:
Idk, its kinda fun to make fun of teams especially when their made up of overrated cans. Teams like "jailblazers" actually have a story behind the nickname but something like the Jizz is just a convenient joke lol. I thinks its gold honestly.

Ok thx for the info. Must be just me who desn't find it funny then. Maybe it's because i am not from north america and see the NBA in a different way but for me those guys (except a few players that really suck) are still the cream of the crop at what they do.

Few corrections TS. But i like your style...

Gsw = gswussies
Blazzers = Brazzers
Philly = 7ankers
Denver =

Its mostly just heard in SB. But ppl are spreading the nicknames so eventually youll hear kenny and shaq say those names on
InsideNBA.
SB has its own language and rules that sets it apart from other CAN forums on SD.

Last edited:
Warios are also known as the golden showers

Celtics- bostcan

Denver shit nuggets

Dallas aka mavbricks

Clippers aka claps (like the std)

Chuggets
Indicana

Lmao at Indicana I forgot that one too. I keep seeing Chuggets so I'll add that. WTF is a chugget anyway lmao.

Pacers should be Gaycers.

Gaycers lol. Adding that.

Warios are also known as the golden showers

Celtics- bostcan

Denver shit nuggets

Dallas aka mavbricks

Clippers aka claps (like the std)

Lol at claps. Fuck it I'll add it. And Bostcan too lol.

Updated OP, I'd like a good one for the 6ers and I think the list is complete. Theres gotta be a better one for the Lakers too.

Lmao at Indicana I forgot that one too. I keep seeing Chuggets so I'll add that. WTF is a chugget anyway lmao.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chug

Chug
Scots word for masturbate.
As a noun : Had "how clean is your house" on last night, couldn't help but have a wee chug.
As a verb: Spent most of last night chugging in my wanking chariot last night. My bell-end is bruised.

From my neck of the woods.

Gaycers lol. Adding that.

Lol at claps. Fuck it I'll add it. And Bostcan too lol.

Updated OP, I'd like a good one for the 6ers and I think the list is complete. Theres gotta be a better one for the Lakers too.

I like to call LA the cankers (like a herpes or syphilis canker).

Its mostly just heard in SB. But ppl are spreading the nicknames so eventually youll hear kenny and shaq say those names on
InsideNBA.
SB has its own language and rules that sets it apart from other CAN forums on SD.

Hey, the way things are going you might be hearing Conway and Trump quoting the War Room.

cleavland cavaliers= :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, pussies, bitches.....those all work

Nuts still gets me.

I actually wanted to compile a list of all the slang/terms we use in here but I'm pretty lazy.

Back