Sherdog Myth: (Insert Fighter) has a bad chin

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I see this way too much on Sherdog. As soon as someone gets KOed they have a "weak chin". Do people not understand when you get hit on the button it puts you out? For instance that left hook that Bisping put on Rockhold was a solid shot that puts out most fighters, it is not proof he has a weak chin.

I see this way too much on Sherdog. As soon as someone gets KOed they have a "weak chin". Do people not understand when you get hit on the button it puts you out? For instance that left hook that Bisping put on Rockhold was a solid shot that puts out most fighters, it is not proof he has a weak chin.
book.gif

People think Bork had a weak chin lol

Different guys can take less punishment than others. It's a fact. Hunt and Nelson have better chins than Goulet and Overeem.

Different guys can take less punishment than others. It's a fact. Hunt and Nelson have better chins than Goulet and Overeem.

I agree, but even the Reem's chin is exaggerated. The guy is taking bombs from elite HWs.

Define "the button"

1420917_stock-photo-on-and-off-button.jpg

Tony Ferguson. Dude never been finishes by strikes went toe to toe with RDA and Barboza and beat them. Dude has taken bombs from RDA and walk through them like nothing. Also walked through everything Barboza threw his way and broke him. For some reason people think hes chinney.

People used to say Cain (who was also supposedly pillow-fisted) and Crocop had weak chins. As already mentioned Brock is another truly ridiculous example.

I’m going with GSP.

I constantly hear about how he doesn’t take chances because of his weak chin, as shown in the Serra fight.
Was a hit behind the ears...

GSP took plenty of shots to his chin again Hendricks, ate a vicious kick from Condit, and maintained composure in both fights.

Back