SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Week 106: Who's Harry Crumb?

I'm kind of surprised Scott Bakula never successfully made the jump from TV to feature films.

I know he did a few movies but he's mostly been a TV guy from beginning to end.

Another one that was popular as shit from the late 70's to early 80's was Fantasy Island with Ricardo Montalban. That show had almost a Twilight Zone feel to it. Not really Twilight Zone, I don't know what to compare it to. Supernatural stuff happened on that island.

th

This actually wasn't that bad IMO. A lot of the jokes fell flat for me but I chuckled a few times throughout.

- "Beat it"... "Perhaps later" was pretty funny
- The car chase where the guy in front was talking about how good Crumb was because he couldn't lose him, but he was just accidentally attached to the car.
- The footsy scene was kind of funny
- The lazy/thieving butler was a funny running gag

I knew something was up with Ferris Bueller's principal when I first saw him. I don't get how Crumb didn't look at the pictures he gave him, that's the joke though I guess.

Also, what was the point of the first disguise in the massage parlor? Who was there that he needed to hide from?

Nikki was super cute, but she kind of reminded me of skinny Ronda Rousey at times.

I would never seek this movie out again, but if I catch it on tv and nothing else is on I'd definitely watch it.

Last edited:
You've hit me in my weak spot. I can remember growing up and watching these films with my dad. I love the Pink Panther films and even watched the animated Pink Panther as a child. Good shit.

Nice!

I think my first favorite tv show was Get Smart.

You guys are killing me with the nostalgia. A couple more to throw on the pile, from every week in my house growing up:

51Yh8PT3PEL._SX300_.jpg

The-Dukes-of-Hazzard-memorable-tv-34589146-431-300.jpg

You guys are killing me with the nostalgia. A couple more to throw on the pile, from every week in my house growing up:

51Yh8PT3PEL._SX300_.jpg

The-Dukes-of-Hazzard-memorable-tv-34589146-431-300.jpg

The Dukes of Hazzard was way before my time but I've probably watched through that series a good 4 or 5 times. We didn't always have cable growing up but we had TDOH box set, so I'd just watch that most of the time.

The Dukes of Hazzard was way before my time but I've probably watched through that series a good 4 or 5 times. We didn't always have cable growing up but we had TDOH box set, so I'd just watch that most of the time.
Nice. It helps that prime Daisy Duke is a timeless masterpiece for all generations.

Back