SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 89 movie!

Cycle 6 / Week 3: Pick the martial arts movie with a theme!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When it comes out on DVD, if no one else has gotten to it by then, I'll nominate this and make some sort of a "return to old picks" thing out of it, where we hit The Room first and then this.

The theme for that could be "films that followed one of our picks" - not just sequels, but remakes, spiritual successors, spinoffs, influences, etc.

Considering that we have already done The Room, it seems like we should consider just making The Disaster Artist a special session of the SMC.

No voting. We just all agree that we're going to do it.

Considering that we have already done The Room, it seems like we should consider just making The Disaster Artist a special session of the SMC.

No voting. We just all agree that we're going to do it.
I'm not mad at that. The Room prompted some great discussion, I had a blast writing up my piece for it.

I'm not mad at that. The Room prompted some great discussion, I had a blast writing up my piece for it.

I'm thinking that's what we'll do. As soon as it hits home video we'll take a break from our usual process and give that week to The Disaster Artist.

I'm thinking that's what we'll do. As soon as it hits home video we'll take a break from our usual process and give that week to The Disaster Artist.
When I'm up in Boston for 220, there's a theater in town that is still going to be showing it, so I'm going to try and catch it Friday night if possible. But if I miss it, I'll get it on the next rotation.

When I'm up in Boston for 220, there's a theater in town that is still going to be showing it, so I'm going to try and catch it Friday night if possible. But if I miss it, I'll get it on the next rotation.

I've actually already seen it. But of course I'll be down to watch it again for the sake of a Club discussion.

Back