SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 48 movie!

Cycle 3 / Week 1: Pick the indie movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey I'm back in for Cycle 3, where do I sign?

200.gif

The nominator of Closer has returned to us!!! :D

It definitely has some humorous moments, but I hesitate to call it a rom-com. There's a lot of seriousness to the story as well. You'll just have to watch it to understand what I mean.

LOL, well let's see. . . By my estimation you're about 15 1/2 weeks away.

Lame! I did watch Ruby Sparks but I guess you'll have to wait till then to hear my thoughts on it. Good recommendation though, it was very close to being something I would have really enjoyed (instead I just regular enjoyed it ;)).

200.gif

The nominator of Closer has returned to us!!! :D

You're welcome, you buncha heartless bums :D

@iThrillhouse I started The OA tonight.

After one episode, I'm intrigued. I'm not quite sure where we're going, but I tend to like movies that give me something I feel like I haven't quite seen before, and that's the feeling I got from the pilot.

@iThrillhouse I started The OA tonight.

After one episode, I'm intrigued. I'm not quite sure where we're going, but I tend to like movies that give me something I feel like I haven't quite seen before, and that's the feeling I got from the pilot.

First 2 episodes are solid setup...

unfortunately...it starts to go really REALLY downhill in terms of writing, plot progression, and everything else pretty quickly

The finale is probably the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I've ever seen

unfortunately...it starts to go really REALLY downhill in terms of writing, plot progression, and everything else pretty quickly

I've heard the ending is not good. We'll see how it goes.

I have to second this, it really becomes terrible. I don't think ive seen a show have such a great start, then do such a massive U-turn and become shit so quickly. i didnt make it to the end, but i saw clips of it.........and its really stupid.

I've heard the ending is not good. We'll see how it goes.

Its not that its JUST the ending...but the ending makes you look back at the entire show and it discredits everything from the entire show, and makes everything you thought was clever or plot that was set-up for resolution a complete waste and complete nonsense

Its not that its JUST the ending...but the ending makes you look back at the entire show and it discredits everything from the entire show, and makes everything you thought was clever or plot that was set-up for resolution a complete waste and complete nonsense

Hmm, interesting. It really is strange how wildly different opinions are on this one.

Like, there are people like yourself who are like, "Fuck this show! It's terrible!" And then there are people like my friend who recommended it to me and all the critics who helped to push it to a 75% on RT.

It really seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

Hmm, interesting. It really is strange how wildly different opinions are on this one.

Like, there are people like yourself who are like, "Fuck this show! It's terrible!" And then there are people like my friend who recommended it to me and all the critics who helped to push it to a 75% on RT.

It really seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

its definitely one of those shows where if you can ignore bad screenwriting you can like it...

but holy theres one episode where all logic just goes straight out the window and its pretty painful.

ill let you be the judge though

its definitely one of those shows where if you can ignore bad screenwriting you can like it...

but holy theres one episode where all logic just goes straight out the window and its pretty painful.

ill let you be the judge though

Well when I finish--or when I give up on it--I'll let you know.

@iThrillhouse, re: The OA.

Three episodes down. A few thoughts:

1. I didn't anticipate the direction they were going to go in, with such a heavy influence on NDEs. I'm not quite sure where the plot is going from here, but it seems obvious that they're taking some influence from Flatliners.

2. I feel like Brit Marling is doing a good job. Her portrayal as a blind girl seems really authentic.

3. The whole idea of false imprisonment really disturbs me greatly so when it became clear that that's what was going on I got a pretty sick feeling to my stomach. I just don't like that shit. But I'm going to push forward anyway.

I'd say, as a whole, I'm still feeling like so far, so good.

@iThrillhouse, re: The OA.

Three episodes down. A few thoughts:

1. I didn't anticipate the direction they were going to go in, with such a heavy influence on NDEs. I'm not quite sure where the plot is going from here, but it seems obvious that they're taking some influence from Flatliners.

2. I feel like Brit Marling is doing a good job. Her portrayal as a blind girl seems really authentic.

3. The whole idea of false imprisonment really disturbs me greatly so when it became clear that that's what was going on I got a pretty sick feeling to my stomach. I just don't like that shit. But I'm going to push forward anyway.

I'd say, as a whole, I'm still feeling like so far, so good.

yeah IIRC its like episode 4 where interest got lost for me pretty quick

Back