SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 48 movie!

Cycle 3 / Week 1: Pick the indie movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Awesome! It's actually kind of funny because several times when I've seen you around on here I've been like, "I wonder if he'll ever come back to the MC."

You're re-added. Go ahead and vote.

Awesome! It's actually kind of funny because several times when I've seen you around on here I've been like, "I wonder if he'll ever come back to the MC."

You're re-added. Go ahead and vote.

I actually posted the list of the 100 movies I watched last year in the SMD. Now that I'm passed that I'm just looking for random things here and there, so this works for me. Plus it looks like you guys picked some gems last cycle after I bailed.

Anyway, I've returned guns a'blazing with an entirely inconsequential vote. Here here!

Plus it looks like you guys picked some gems last cycle after I bailed.

We watched some good ones. I assume then that you still have access to SirTeaBag's IMDB list?

Anyway, I've returned guns a'blazing with an entirely inconsequential vote. Here here!

Well I was hoping it would get at least ONE vote, and so it has. It's obviously not going to win, but I really think you should watch it anyway. In fact, I re-watched it just last night.

I actually posted the list of the 100 movies I watched last year in the SMD. Now that I'm passed that I'm just looking for random things here and there, so this works for me. Plus it looks like you guys picked some gems last cycle after I bailed.

That's alright, your vote was actually my 2nd choice because I haven't seen it. I almost voted for what you did.

We watched some good ones. I assume then that you still have access to SirTeaBag's IMDB list?

Well I was hoping it would get at least ONE vote, and so it has. It's obviously not going to win, but I really think you should watch it anyway. In fact, I re-watched it just last night.

Nothing like an earnest rom-com with a redhead to bring me back to my old life - will watch.

That's alright, your vote was actually my 2nd choice because I haven't seen it. I almost voted for what you did.
If it's good I'll bring it up again when it's my turn.

Speaking of which, when is my turn? <45>

Nothing like an earnest rom-com with a redhead to bring me back to my old life - will watch.

It definitely has some humorous moments, but I hesitate to call it a rom-com. There's a lot of seriousness to the story as well. You'll just have to watch it to understand what I mean.

Speaking of which, when is my turn? <45>

LOL, well let's see. . . By my estimation you're about 15 1/2 weeks away.

@shadow_priest_x if you make a thread or post, and then edit it and add in the @ symbol for posters, it does not give those posters a notification. It only gives notifications if the @ for posters was in the initial post.

@shadow_priest_x if you make a thread or post, and then edit it and add in the @ symbol for posters, it does not give those posters a notification. It only gives notifications if the @ for posters was in the initial post.

That's good info because I've actually wondered about that before. Now I know!

However, in this case I just did what I always do, which is copy and paste my list. The whole thing.

We have a winner!

220px-Sound_of_my_Voice_poster.jpg

The writing was on the wall for this one from the beginning, as Sound of My Voice jumped ahead to a sizable early lead and never let it go. While I think that The Apostle is the best film out of all of my nominations, SOMV was the one I was hoping would win simply because I've been meaning to rewatch it for a while now and it deserves more recognition. (I'd guess I've seen The Apostle eight times already and recommend that everyone makes sure to catch it at some point.)

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this week and our discussion. Though should be a lot to talk about, on a number of different levels. I think it will be a good one and hope to see a good turn-out this week.

Attn: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @EL CORINTHIAN @iThrillhouse @chickenluver @jeicex @MusterX @BeardotheWeirdo @Coolthulu @AndersonsFoot @TheRuthlessOne @Scott Parker 27 @Mr Mojo Lane @WebAlchemist @the muntjac @Caveat

Lol yeah I got the notification. I haven't had any issues so far.

Well Jesus, where the fuck is everybody?

Usually I'll get a handful of Likes and comments from people acknowledging that they've read it. All of the SMC must be at the club tonight.

Brit Marling ay...........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weak

EDIT: I realize now I didn't vote when I last visited this thread.... *facepalm*

Well Jesus, where the fuck is everybody?

Usually I'll get a handful of Likes and comments from people acknowledging that they've read it. All of the SMC must be at the club tonight.

Most of my attention has been on March Madness. I've been checking in periodically.

WTF? The fuck you got against Brit Marling?

Some of you homos got a bad habit of that. A lot of times I'll see people pop in, disappear and never vote.

Out of curiosity, what would your choice have been?

watch the OA, and remember she wrote it

it's the most aggravatingly bad writing I think I've ever seen in a tv show...my review of it is on SD somewhere...

watch the OA, and remember she wrote it

it's the most aggravatingly bad writing I think I've ever seen in a tv show...my review of it is on SD somewhere...

I have heard wildly different things about that show from people. I haven't seen it yet.

But is that the only thing you've seen her in?

I have heard wildly different things about that show from people. I haven't seen it yet.

But is that the only thing you've seen her in?

it's all I NEEDED to see her in.

she was also in Community actually as alternate-Britta...she was aight...

something about her annoys me...moreso now after seeing how pretentious she is when talking about her highschool film quality netflix show

it's all I NEEDED to see her in.

she was also in Community actually as alternate-Britta...she was aight...

something about her annoys me...moreso now after seeing how pretentious she is when talking about her highschool film quality netflix show

I've been a fan for a while now. Like I said, I haven't seen The OA, but here's my run as far as everything I HAVE seen:

Sound of My Voice is her best movie and essential viewing for all prospective filmmakers because it will teach you how to tell a compelling story with limited resources.

The Keeping Room is also good, though it's a movie that requires patience.

Another Earth and The East are both interesting, though not essential.

Since I put SOMV at the top, I'll be curious to see of it changes your opinion at all.

I will be watching this film with some cult conspiracy protection equipment.

classic-WWF-WWE-Ric-flair-woo-13815349244.gif

th

Back