SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 44 movie!

Cycle 2 / Week 18: Pick the movie!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Guestx

NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info.

Holy shit, deja vu! For some reason I feel like I've seen these picks before!

@Scott Parker 27 is back and it looks like he brought a few of his previous nominations with him.

Here are our candidates!

Rubber (2010)

Director: Quentin Dupieux

Stars: Stephen Spinella, Roxane Mesquida, Wings Hauser

Premise: A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession.

Why @Scott Parker 27 picked it: I love b movies, and this is the king of them for me in the last 5 years.

Trailer:

Bad Lieutenant (1992)

Director: Abel Ferrara

Stars: Harvey Keitel, Victor Argo, Paul Calderon

Premise: While investigating a young nun's rape, a corrupt New York City police detective, with a serious drug and gambling addiction, tries to change his ways and find forgiveness.

Why @Scott Parker 27 picked it: A fubar movie that everyone should see at least once. Harvey Keitel is amazing in it, one of my favorite movies.

Trailer:

The Last Gladiators (2011)

Director: Alex Gibney

Stars: Donald Brashear, Lyndon Byers, Guy Carbonneau

Premise: In ice hockey, no one is tougher than the "goon". Those players have one mission: to protect the star players at any price.

Why @Scott Parker 27 picked it: I love hockey fights and enjoy learning about the personality type of a player that can perform that role for his club.

Trailer:

Suburbia (1983)

Director: Penelope Spheeris

Stars: Chris Pedersen, Bill Coyne, Jennifer Clay

Premise: When household tensions and a sense of worthlessness overcome Evan, he finds escape when he clings with the orphans of a throw-away society.

Why @Scott Parker 27 picked it: I grew up as a punk rocker and this lifestyle is very familiar to me. Fun times, but glad it's in the past.

Trailer:

7wGeEM5.jpg

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @EL CORINTHIAN @HUNTERMANIA @iThrillhouse @DaDamn @chickenluver @jeicex @MusterX @BeardotheWeirdo @In The Name Of @Coolthulu @AndersonsFoot @TheRuthlessOne @coopdro @Scott Parker 27 @Mr Mojo Lane

Premise: A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession.
I had to look this movie up to confirm that this premise isn't a joke.

Starring Robert the Tire as Robert lmao

I'm feeling a landslide coming, we have never had a unanimous vote.

I had to look this movie up to confirm that this premise isn't a joke.

Starring Robert the Tire as Robert lmao

I've seen it. It's actually an alright movie for how ridiculous a premise it has lol.

I'm feeling a landslide coming, we have never had a unanimous vote.

There's only one way to achieve that.

A. Never Back Down!
B. Sense and Sensibility
C. The Age of Innocence
D. Jane Eyre

Wow. The one I picked, even if it doesn't win, I'm watching. Playing catch-up mode now though. Gonna power through Raging Bull after lunch.

Which one; Im going to guess Rubber?

You can see what people have voted by clicking the "number of vote(s)" part.

So for rubber, click on "4 vote(s)" and you'll see whom voted for it.

Wow. The one I picked, even if it doesn't win, I'm watching. Playing catch-up mode now though. Gonna power through Raging Bull after lunch.

You're always only a couple of movies behind.

If you can find a way to just knock those couple of movies out once and for all then you'd be current with the rest of the Club!

You can see what people have voted by clicking the "number of vote(s)" part.

So for rubber, click on "4 vote(s)" and you'll see whom voted for it.
Thanks, learn something every day I guess

First instinct was for Bad Lieutenant but then i read the premise for Rubber and it was to good to pass up.

Back