SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 116 Movie!

Let's pick the week 116 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name aside, no way Big Boss Man is a worse film than Crimewave.

Yeah, I said it. It's a controversial week so...

brooklynriot.jpg

F*ck the man! I'm flipping the script, too. I'll take the athletic boss.

Bruv, you can't sticky a Boss N***** thread. Its gonna bring the heat if you do.
I wasn't planning on it. The sticky for this poll thread coming down is not because of the subject material, but because we wanted to reduce clutter atop Mayberry. These poll threads are active enough to not necessarily need a sticky, especially with the question of the week we have now.

I’m not sure why you posted this, but as a huge Iron Maiden fan, all I have to say is Hell fucking yeah!

giphy.gif

Because we aimed higher than our status and got unstickied. :cool:

I wasn't planning on it. The sticky for this poll thread coming down is not because of the subject material, but because we wanted to reduce clutter atop Mayberry. These poll threads are active enough to not necessarily need a sticky, especially with the question of the week we have now.

Buzzkill. :(:oops:

Upon further review, what? Five is good, but six is too much?

giphy.gif

Crimewave. If I remember correctly, it even has a racially more controvercial stuff than BN.

Crimewave. If I remember correctly, it even has a racially more controvercial stuff than BN.

Saw the movie like 2 weeks ago. Nah, it doesn't really.

Just a reminder, the SMC and the rest of the world survived when we discussed a movie with the title Coonskin, where the opening title song was Scatman Crothers singing, “I’m the [BEEP] man!”

It’s gonna be okay, guys.

@europe1 I didn’t get that notification. I just happened to be looking in the thread when you made that post.

Saw the movie like 2 weeks ago. Nah, it doesn't really.
I have not seen Boss Enubian, but Hell Up in Harlem is only movie from Williamson I’ve gotten the same controversiality kick in the guts that THE line in Crimewave delivered.

I have not seen Boss Enubian, but Hell Up in Harlem is only movie from Williamson I’ve gotten the same controversiality kick in the guts that THE line in Crimewave delivered.

I must have missed something in it then. Don't recall anything contriversial in Crimewave at all.

I did notice that Oscar-winner Frances McDormand played one of the nuns in the ending though. How random is that!

I must have missed something in it then. Don't recall anything contriversial in Crimewave at all.

I did notice that Oscar-winner Frances McDormand played one of the nuns in the ending though. How random is that!
It’s been 15 years since I saw Crimewave, but I think there was a pretty gutsy and out of the blue satiric line in one scene.

Back