SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 112 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club: Let's Pick the Week 112 Movie!

• The Handmaiden (2016)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The Ardennes (2015)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Borgman (2013)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Light Sleeper (1992)

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Yotsuya there is only one way in or out of this club and its to be jumped in.

xQYVq.gif

@Yotsuya - Are you a girl? Just checking, coz apparently if you are: Pics or GTFO!

I can't even pronounce the titles, ffs.

Cage-y-ness:

I'm taking the Cubo approach by not numbering the list this week. Here's a short list of some of Cage's more over-the-top roles.

-Face/Off - All his moments as Castor Troy, and of course that laugh gif we've seen a thousand times on this forum
-Mom and Dad - He really plays a caricature of himself in this
-Raising Arizona - To be fair, everyone is pretty over-the-top in this
-Con Air - That horrible accent and "put the bunny back in the box"
-Vampire's Kiss - Every scene

I'm taking the Cubo approach by not numbering the list this week. Here's a short list of some of Cage's more over-the-top roles.

-Face/Off - All his moments as Castor Troy, and of course that laugh gif we've seen a thousand times on this forum
-Mom and Dad - He really plays a caricature of himself in this
-Raising Arizona - To be fair, everyone is pretty over-the-top in this
-Con Air - That horrible accent and "put the bunny back in the box"
-Vampire's Kiss - Every scene

Yellow card this time. If you do that again next week I will body slam you off the top rope.

<Deported1>

And this one's for @MusterX for not using a Vader gif to initiate our new member as an honor to Vader in his passing today.

tumblr_n5n1a833tz1rofocqo1_400.gif

Coz why? I watched all the previews and saw no tentacles!
Because his name is Coolthulu. Kind of like Cthulhu the giant squid monster created by HP Lovecraft, except cooler.
Did ya vote for it or go with something you may have not seen? I haven't voted yet. Still mulling it over.
I'm ashamed to admit I voted for it, even though I haven't seen any of the others. I almost always vote for something I haven't seen, but in this case I've spent a lot of time thinking about this movie and I think there is much to discuss / analyze about it. It's from the same director as Oldboy, my winning nomination from a few weeks ago, and also Thirst which we watched some time before that. I also just really like it and would be excited to see it again even though I watched it recently.

It didn't win though so everything is ok.

Last edited:
@Yotsuya there is only one way in or out of this club and its to be jumped in.

xQYVq.gif
This is my second stint in Sherdog and joining the movie club is now my second attempt to write outside betting section. As hectic as expected here with the heavies.

My favourite Nicholas Cage -moment is from Next when he multiplies to lead a swat assault.

Top 5 Nic-Cage Moments.

Man I don't even know how to rank a list like this:

5. Put the bunny back in the box!!!

57232988.jpg

4. Priest Dance from Face/OF

giphy.gif

3. Not the bees! Not the bees!

hnGNH.gif

2. Everything in Vampires Kiss

raw

1. HIS SOUL STILL DANCING!!!

his-soul-is-still-dancing-o.gif

And that is how anarchy takes hold.....

Came to this thread to ask to join. Sounds like my kind of club.

Back