SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 102 movie! BATTLE ROYALE EDITION!!!

Sherdog Movie Club Week 101 - BATTLE ROYALE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll's already closed.

barris.png

We have a winner!

CSK_10275_0114.jpg

It appears that next weak were watching our third Kubrick film! Cubo de Sangre said that he would keep nominating it until it got picked (since this is Cubo we're talking about you can interpret as a threat if you like). So Clockwork Orange was practically inevitable.

As Club president -- I also now enforce the rule that all discussion about this film from here on has to transpire in perfect Nadsat. Get ready for some ultraviolence and a bit of the old in-and-out.

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Caveat @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @Strange King @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts

Also, say hello to our newest members @Tufts, whom debuts at a record-low 2 posts!:D

If you didn't get this notification but is reading this very text -- please let me know. That bloody system has been functioning like a 3-wheeled car these last few weaks.

Cool Hand.....NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Cool Hand.....NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

285336df8a35689f15b1ec314530863e.jpg

Man the SMC just threats Cool Hand Luke like George Kennedy did with the boxing gloves on. Unfortunately too since it's such a phenomenal movie.

I also think Cool Hand Luke is the movie that has improved the most every time I've rewatched it. It just keeps climbing in quality, unveling new depths with each new viewing. The only movie that has climed more for me with rewatches is 1971's Get Carter.

Last edited:
Nice. I mentioned this in another thread, but I've never gone back to watch A Clockwork Orange since I watched it the first time a few years ago. Makes me feel funny. Great movie though.

285336df8a35689f15b1ec314530863e.jpg

Man the SMC just threats Cool Hand Luke like George Kennedy did with the boxing gloves on. Unfortunately too since it's such a phenomenal movie.

I also think Cool Hand Luke is the movie that has improved the most every time I've rewatched it. It just keeps climbing in quality, unveling new depths with each new viewing. The only movie that has climed more for me is 1971's Get Carter.

Sooner or later it will prevail. I know for a fact there are members of this club that have not seen it yet. I'm not sure I'll get it on the list next week, I'm working on something else.

Also Get Carter.....really? That movie got a Rotten Tomato score of 12%. I've never seen it though.

Also Get Carter.....really? That movie got a Rotten Tomato score of 12%. I've never seen it though.

I'm talking the 1971 Get Carter. Not the godawful remake with Sylvester Stallone. Shark-eyed Michael Caine at his absolute finest.

images-w1400.jpg

Thanks fellow club members. Dreams do come true. This saves me the trouble of trying to build another theme around it. :D

CHL is a great film and would have been a fine selection. I look forward to it eventually making the cut.

Haha, my pick got zero votes! It's a first, can you tell how much thought I put into it. I considered putting Hostile in as my pick, would your votes have been the same?

Haha, my pick got zero votes! It's a first, can you tell how much thought I put into it. I considered putting Hostile in as my pick, would your votes have been the same?

You actually got one -- FrontNakedChoke accidentaly voted for only one movie so he PM'd me his second choice, which was your picture.

That way, every single film actually got one legitimate vote to it. Not what I was expecting.

It really wasn't that bad.

giphy.gif

Shadow you truly are the Sultan of wrong opinions.

Okay, maybe because I was comparing it to the original -- but the remake really is quite poor.

Wow I've never seen that tagline for the film before, that's so awesome. Can't imagine what seeing this in 1971 would have been like. I was thinking a while back that if A Clockwork Orange was released today it wouldn't seem like an old film, it would still feel avant garde, some scenes would still be shocking to a general audience and create controversy.

So happy to see we have a new member who made their very first post a request to join the club. Word of the cult is spreading across teh interwebs.

Shadow you truly are the Sultan of wrong opinions.

<mma4>

Okay, maybe because I was comparing it to the original -- but the remake really is quite poor.

I only saw it once about 20 years ago. But I remember thinking it was "just a movie." Neither particularly good nor particularly bad.

The one specific thing I do remember thinking was that Mickey Rourke was pretty cool.

That's weird.

The problem is I haven't seen Get Carter. I may have been scared off after watching Michael Caine french kiss Christopher Reeve in the movie Deathtrap.

th

I really enjoyed that film back in the day.

Back