SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 101 movie!

Pick the SMC Week 101 Movie - Wes Anderson Special Edition!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info.

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC.

@AndersonsFoot commands the field this week and he has decided to take us to Wes Anderson-land.

12288.jpg

Here are our candidates!

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

Director: Wes Anderson

Stars: Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric

Premise: The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous hotel from the fictional Republic of Zubrowka between the first and second World Wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.

Why AndersonsFoot picked it: I love everything about this movie. Fun, witty, beautiful imagery, with a really solid cast to top things off.

Trailer:

Rushmore (1998)

Stars: Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams

Premise: The extracurricular king of Rushmore preparatory school is put on academic probation.

Why AndersonsFoot picked it: Wes Anderson's second feature film. I don't remember a whole lot about this movie, but I do remember enjoying it, much like almost every other Wes Anderson movie.

Trailer:

Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Stars: Jared Gilman, Kara Hayward, Bruce Willis

Premise: A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out to find them.

Why AndersonsFoot picked it: Another solid Wes Anderson movie with a fantastic cast.

Trailer:

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

Stars: George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray

Premise: An urbane fox cannot resist returning to his farm raiding ways and then must help his community survive the farmers' retaliation.

Why AndersonsFoot picked it: Like The Grand Budapest Hotel, Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of my favorite movies ever. This movie is the reason I'm so excited for Isle of Dogs. The characters here are really fun and the stop-motion looks great.

Trailer:

7wGeEM5.jpg

Members: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Caveat @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @Strange King @FrontNakedChoke @Johnson @AndersonsFoot

Last edited:
There's been a coup!

giphy.gif

737552.gif

To those of you who wonder what happened to shadow_priest_x. Well... I think this meme explains it well enough.

27ghbr.jpg

Yes we were both Vietnam veterans and had a showdown in a dingly Saigon nightclub that was a wretched hub of scum and villany. Who knew, right!? Anyways, thanks to shadow_priest_x for keeping this club floating for 100 weeks. It was one hell of a solid run. We've reached triple-digits y'all!

Last edited:
Anyways, another classic "voting for the one film I've yet to watch," voting.

Weird, I didn’t get notified for either of the tags. I just happened to see this thread was here.

Wait shit notification won't show since I also quoted you

@the muntjac did you get this one?

@AndersonsFoot commands the field this week and he has decided to take us to Wes Anderson-land.

12288.jpg

I'm not in the club, but I just wanted to point out to you guys that it's cool that an Anderson person is in charge of 101 because UFC 101 was the epic card where Andy crushed Forrest. That is all. You may now resume film stuff.

Hey, finally got mine. Strange it took 3 tries. I've only seen one of these, so I voted for that which looks most humorous.

Got mine too.

Heard lots of good things about my vote but never would have thought to watch it on my own tbh. Game on.

BTW, why does the poll have a "Change Your Vote" option. We can't have that going on because you can vote, look at the results, then change your vote.

BTW, why does the poll have a "Change Your Vote" option. We can't have that going on because you can vote, look at the results, then change your vote.

I don't have poll-making priviliges. jeicex helped me by adding the poll. I guess he added the option by mistake.

We Have a Winner!

gbh-hotel_leadimage.jpg

It appears that the most famous film among the contestants have triumped this week -- beating out the number two pick Rushmore with 5 votes to 4. Since this is a Wes Anderson film, assume that there will be cake.

I've sacrificed several toddlers to Cthulhu in preperation for this, so hopefully the notification system should work now.

Attn: @shadow_priest_x @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Caveat @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @Strange King @FrontNakedChoke @Johnson @AndersonsFoot

Don't forget to sent in your nominations for next weeks Battle Royale.

Back