Sherdog is absolutely rife with malware and phishing attacks. What gives?

It's a forum about human cockfighting...

True sherdoggers tough through it and use other people's computers

It's not cheap maintaining old jeffy boys 20,000 calorie a day diet of pizza, take out and fast food to keep that figure of his. He's gotta pay for all that food somehow.

Honestly it's a huge scumbag move and shows just how much he really cares about his members and visitors to his site to subject them to this level of ad and malware.

Anything for a nickle though.

I cant help but think... this is all @Drake fault

You must be using one of those new, fancy web browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.

Since I moved to Lynx I haven't had any problems with sites.

6ad3LS6.png

I use it on my phone and the ads seem to come and go. Some weeks sherdog is unbearable with ads I can't even scroll through a page. Has been alright recently but then again I only use from my phone.

I feel like you're missing the point. Sherdog and their affiliates are HOSTING the malware. I shouldn't need that shit to come to a message board. You only expect that shit from really shady sites. Apparently that's what sherdog has become.
You're right , I did miss that

It's not cheap maintaining old jeffy boys 20,000 calorie a day diet of pizza, take out and fast food to keep that figure of his. He's gotta pay for all that food somehow.

Honestly it's a huge scumbag move and shows just how much he really cares about his members and visitors to his site to subject them to this level of ad and malware.

Anything for a nickle though.
Pretty sure Jeff has nothing to do with the site other than collecting a residual.

Dude.

It's not just on my phone anymore. Anytime I come to the site from my desktop, Norton is blocking shit immediately. Doesn't happen on other sites. Nope, it's Sherdog. Do the owners or admins of this site have anything to say regarding why it's ok to do that to their site's visitors?

Ridiculous.
Mine happened months ago and one redirected me to some bullshit website and the other kept causing my browser to scroll down to ads at the bottom. It's stopped for now but I feel ya.

not getting as much problems as you guys, but sometimes when I click to page 2, it gives error, and then right now I found out that it kinda duplicates the address, so I have to delete part of it to work, weird

Yeah, it was really bad a couple of weeks back, even running UBlock and Ghostery. Watching the status bar, I noticed the browser was repeatedly trying to load Sherdog subdomains that began with what looked like a very long numerical hash. Example: 893987392604786389467394.sherdog.com. It would try repeatedly with the hash changing each time, causing the site to take forever to finish loading.

At least that seems to be no longer happening. Even still, Sherdog is slow. They've made Xenforo—one of the smoothest performing forum software packages—run like dogshit because of the poor (not to mention ugly) design and ad-stuffing.

I know this isn't a walmware or adware issue, but anyone notice how slow Instagram or Twitter posts upload? Also, YouTube videos don't even work anymore on this site. You have to click the link title and go to the actual YouTube page to watch them.

Works better if I "request desktop site" from phone, but still who knows what's happening then because my actual desktop is deflecting attacks. Seems like a ridiculous thing to have to even worry about here.

I wish I could get rid of that damn quiz with an adblock program (and I'm running two of them).

The site has run a lot worse since the forum changeover and it's pretty obvious that traffic is a lot less since back then.
Yessss , I still get the damn quiz
ublock origin, right click, block element

Mods dodging this thread like Bisping dodging contenders
+10000000000000

You must be using one of those new, fancy web browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.

Since I moved to Lynx I haven't had any problems with sites.
:D

Dude.

It's not just on my phone anymore. Anytime I come to the site from my desktop, Norton is blocking shit immediately. Doesn't happen on other sites. Nope, it's Sherdog. Do the owners or admins of this site have anything to say regarding why it's ok to do that to their site's visitors?

Ridiculous.
Sherdog is a private forum. If you don't like it, then I kindly ask you to leave.

Back