Sherdog forum are broken in Chrome, site ads resulting in excessive cpu and network bandwidth.

It's messed up on my Edge, too. Most buggy site I know of.

u have right... it slow my laptop down like a virus

Yesterday it was auto refreshing until I was logged out on my laptop all day. Really annoying. Always seems like theres something buggy.

YO RIGHT??? i thought it was just me.

i thought it was something to do with sherdog bypassing adblock now or something so i even switched to ublock but it didn't really do anything.

site is crazy slow for me now and won't keep me logged in.

sherdog is nice content-wise but technically it's a total mess, sad

i use firefox with a javascript blocker, allowing the bare minimum for the site to run properly. the forums are fine for me, but jesus christ the .com side is terrible. fight finder is practically unusable with all the extra bullshit it tries to load.
what extension are you using? umatrix seems to work fine on sherdog with FF but on Chrome it goes full retard
vLIqfNH.gif

<18>

It's the ads and the quiz in the right sidebar. You can disable them manually if you are using uBlock origin chrome plugin. Just right click and hit "block element" then click "OK". Annoying as fuck; Sherdog really should stick to non-shady internet ad agencies (I know; I know).

It's the ads and the quiz in the right sidebar. You can disable them manually if you are using uBlock origin chrome plugin. Just right click and hit "block element" then click "OK". Annoying as fuck; Sherdog really should stick to non-shady internet ad agencies (I know; I know).
dude, thaaank you.

didn't even think of that, my shit is going so much smoother now.

now I can't even open links in a new tab from within sherdog wtf is this

For chrome you have to clear your cache and cookies and your adblocker will once again work. One of the chrome cleaner addons is good for that. Any of the adblockers will block the ads when you're logged in. I'll see if I can make the quiz a guest only feature.

Chrome desktop user here. It used to be that only the main pages were slow and unresponsive, and the forums were fine. Now they're both terrible, with lag, constant refreshes, constant logouts, and I'm just now seeing the double scroll bar everyone else is talking about. This has been going on for some time (weeks for sure, but possibly months), and I'm glad it's finally getting some visibility.

The Quiz is only displayed to guests now.

For chrome you have to clear your cache and cookies and your adblocker will once again work. One of the chrome cleaner addons is good for that. Any of the adblockers will block the ads when you're logged in. I'll see if I can make the quiz a guest only feature.
After clearing cache and cookies:

Still double scroll bars and getting "About Cookies on This Site:" notification on every page load even after I'm logged in. On vivaldi (~chrome).

I came to post the same. both my laptop and desktop now don't work with chrome. I am forced to use ie now. ugh

Someone at Sherdog should address this. Yes I am aware that this should be posted in the tech support forum, it already has and there hasn't been a single response in days.

Issues include (so far):
1. Excessive bandwidth use
2. Excessive cpu usage
3. Constant logouts even after selecting options to remain logged in

As others including myself have confirmed using a non-Chrome browser (FireFox, Opera, IE, Edge, etc.) work and so does disabling all javascript from Chrome. I don't think mobile browsers experience this problem only Chrome for computers.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ads-freezing-forums-making-them-unusable-auto-log-out.3546895/
I use chrome for an Android.
The site would be unusable, but if you ask a mod they might be able to green you temporarily until the problem is fixed, it's what they did for me.

Back