Sherdog forum are broken in Chrome, site ads resulting in excessive cpu and network bandwidth.

Naramie

Super Bash Brothers
@Brown
Reaction score
Someone at Sherdog should address this. Yes I am aware that this should be posted in the tech support forum, it already has and there hasn't been a single response in days.

Issues include (so far):
1. Excessive bandwidth use
2. Excessive cpu usage
3. Constant logouts even after selecting options to remain logged in

As others including myself have confirmed using a non-Chrome browser (FireFox, Opera, IE, Edge, etc.) work and so does disabling all javascript from Chrome. I don't think mobile browsers experience this problem only Chrome for computers.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ads-freezing-forums-making-them-unusable-auto-log-out.3546895/

Last edited:
latest

Yup can't use it all. Double scrollbar on the right, constant log outs, and huge delay and cpu resources

It only does that on LTE. Put it on WiFi and you're good

I haven't had an issues with Sherdog since Werdum beat Fedor. But if Conor some how wins , the whole internet will be broke.

chrome hasnt worked for me on this site in nearly a year - the designers seem incompetent

as for the poster above, it has nothing to do with speed - i have 60mb of bandwidth, site is fine in firefox, horribly laggy in chrome

I believe this issue only applies to the Chrome computer browser and not the mobile version.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I dunno ever since I upgraded my Chrome to Platinum
My browsing experience has been seamlessly smooth
IMG_1419.GIF

Chrome here and it´s effed up. But now i only have one scroll bar, not two a day ago and i don´t seem to get logged out every minute

Seriously it's awful, it even slows down other websites if you have sherdog open, not to mention it constantly logs me out.

It's probably something the mods can't easily fix and are probably looking into it

I don't know what answer you want besides "sorry we're trying"

If it's really such a problem either go platinum and have 0 ads or use the app if you're on mobile

It's more about informing people of a known issue since not everyone visits the support forum and may think it's something else that's wrong.

Ad or no ads their site is fucked up and they need to fix. I don't see any ads on Sherdog because of Adblockers, but whatever scripts they have running in the background are bad. I have tried removing Adblockers but same result with or without them. Definitely not giving them my money, LOL.

Did you try a defrag?

Not my Chrome, mine is the Silva edition.

i use firefox with a javascript blocker, allowing the bare minimum for the site to run properly. the forums are fine for me, but jesus christ the .com side is terrible. fight finder is practically unusable with all the extra bullshit it tries to load.

Someone at Sherdog should address this. Yes I am aware that this should be posted in the tech support forum, it already has and there hasn't been a single response in days.

Issues include (so far):
1. Excessive bandwidth use
2. Excessive cpu usage
3. Constant logouts even after selecting options to remain logged in

As others including myself have confirmed using a non-Chrome browser (FireFox, Opera, IE, Edge, etc.) work and so does disabling all javascript from Chrome. I don't think mobile browsers experience this problem only Chrome for computers.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ads-freezing-forums-making-them-unusable-auto-log-out.3546895/

It's annoying as fuck too.

Back