Sherbros in Recovery v.3!

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all, bringing back this thread!

Just hit 4 months stone cold sober from booze. I actually lost track of the weeks, ( and the days a long time ago). Feelsgoodman.

I've put in a TON of mental work: hypnotherapy, incantations, focus exercises, reviewing and reworking my reasons for Mastering Sobriety multiple times a day, plus a lot of general brain training.

I've really committed to MASTERY on this one.

I'm VERY curious to know how the guys from the old threads are faring!
Feel free to join in.

giphy.gif

2 and a half years for me and I'm pretty sure I can kimura TS.

Well done... I'm still scumming it on the booze at night

Happy to hear it @kpoz12

I tried to contribute to the last thread. Been sober since december 2014.

Life is good, I still have my bad days, but the good outweighs them. I put in a lot of hard work, it was worth every minute.

Be good fellas, I hope everyones doing well from the old thread as well, but I know that's not the case most times

Happy to hear it @kpoz12

Life is good, I still have my bad days, but the good outweighs them. I put in a lot of hard work, it was worth every minute.

Be good fellas, I hope everyones doing well from the old thread as well, but I know that's not the case most times

do you use AA?

do you use AA?
I did for a while, I was hitting NA meetings and also PA (pills). I was going on the regular. Now it's much less often.

Meetings helped a lot, and this is just an excuse, I know, but life gets in the way and work, so I stopped going as much.

do you use AA?

No, the only one around my tiny town was way too religious. I get that AA has a spiritual component and all, and I'd be fine with that, but the rednecks 'round here take it too far.

I am on hellosundaymorning.org which is like a social network for recovery, I highly recommend people check it out.

And this is the free, Youtube Hypnotherapy that I use, and boy, it really works: https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelSealey

Last edited:
I did for a while, I was hitting NA meetings and also PA (pills). I was going on the regular. Now it's much less often.

Meetings helped a lot, and this is just an excuse, I know, but life gets in the way and work, so I stopped going as much.

No, the only one around my tiny town was way too religious. I get that AA has a spiritual component and all, and I'd be fine with that, but the rednecks 'round here take it too far.

I am on hellosundaymorning.org which is like a social network for recovery, I highly recommend people check it out.

And this is the free, Youtube Hypnotherapy that I use, and boy, it really works: https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelSealey

I am a partier from way back. I probably drink too much but I'm highly functional. I was involved with AA and NA during my teen years at my guardian's insistence and it was WAY TOO FUCKING "SPIRITUAL" for me. Holy shit I could barely stand it. It was basically a cult. I have some family that use AA and they still insist it's the only way to remain sober effectively yet they often relapse. (I don't want to sound judgy, it's just a fact) It seems foolish to think that a method that was developed when, 90 years ago, is the best and only method for sobriety when the relapse rate is so high.

I am a partier from way back. I probably drink too much but I'm highly functional. I was involved with AA and NA during my teen years at my guardian's insistence and it was WAY TOO FUCKING "SPIRITUAL" for me. Holy shit I could barely stand it. It was basically a cult. I have some family that use AA and they still insist it's the only way to remain sober effectively yet they often relapse. (I don't want to sound judgy, it's just a fact) It seems foolish to think that a method that was developed when, 90 years ago, is the best and only method for sobriety when the relapse rate is so high.
I agree, but some meetings aren't all that spiritual here, alot of people here aren't very religious, but it does get clicky and I really don't want anything to do with that.

For me, I would go to meetings and use whatever I thought would help and then filter out the bullshit, wether it be religion or just some idiot telling war stories instead of telling us how he/she got sober.

Meetings aren't for everybody, that's for damn sure.

Happy to hear it @kpoz12

That's crazy.... my sobriety day is Dec 1, 2014. Good shit man!

I did AA when I went sober for the first time after I got a DUI about 8 years ago. It wasn't a very pleasant experience in terms of the religious aspect, but there were some really good people there who were just doing what they knew worked (for them) to make their life better. You mentioned the relapse rate being high in AA, but of course, alcohol is literally everywhere, and AA is full of alcoholics. There's also tons of court-mandated people at AA, so often people are just going through the motions to not end up in jail. Overall, it's another tool for those who feel they need them.

You mentioned that you were basically forced into those kinds of situations, so of course you weren't really going to get the message or have any interest in getting sober. I guess I'm just trying to say that bashing AA doesn't really help anybody.... while it has about a 90% relapse rate, that's still a 10% sobriety rate.. when you look at numbers, that's not too bad. People make the choice into which of those numbers they fall.

Hey all, bringing back this thread!

Just hit 4 months stone cold sober from booze. I actually lost track of the weeks, ( and the days a long time ago). Feelsgoodman.

I've put in a TON of mental work: hypnotherapy, incantations, focus exercises, reviewing and reworking my reasons for Mastering Sobriety multiple times a day, plus a lot of general brain training.

I've really committed to MASTERY on this one.

I'm VERY curious to know how the guys from the old threads are faring!
Feel free to join in.

Glad to hear you've made some progress into sobriety. I don't really understand your concept of "mastering sobriety," especially multiple times a day, but if it's working for you, then keep on keeping on. Once I hit a year or so sober I found that's when I really stopped thinking about booze everyday. Now, unless someone directly brings it up to me, I don't even think about it at all. It takes time, but it becomes much easier, and takes a lot less effort on your part to maintain sobriety. Keep going man.

I did AA when I went sober for the first time after I got a DUI about 8 years ago. It wasn't a very pleasant experience in terms of the religious aspect, but there were some really good people there who were just doing what they knew worked (for them) to make their life better. You mentioned the relapse rate being high in AA, but of course, alcohol is literally everywhere, and AA is full of alcoholics. There's also tons of court-mandated people at AA, so often people are just going through the motions to not end up in jail. Overall, it's another tool for those who feel they need them.

You mentioned that you were basically forced into those kinds of situations, so of course you weren't really going to get the message or have any interest in getting sober. I guess I'm just trying to say that bashing AA doesn't really help anybody.... while it has about a 90% relapse rate, that's still a 10% sobriety rate.. when you look at numbers, that's not too bad. People make the choice into which of those numbers they fall.

I don't begrudge people for whom it actually works. Not at all. I had no issues staying sober then. It was truly easy. When I was on my own was when I started up partying again. As far as the relapse rate, I often have to remind family members that the whole point of their system is that they are sober for the day they're living.

I have seen commercials on tv for this place that claims they actually cure addiction. It seems like a marketing scheme to me of course but I simply think it's foolish to have that closed a mind, thinking AA is the only way, as a society. That said I have no idea what this other way of sobriety entails.

I don't begrudge people for whom it actually works. Not at all. I had no issues staying sober then. It was truly easy. When I was on my own was when I started up partying again. As far as the relapse rate, I often have to remind family members that the whole point of their system is that they are sober for the day they're living.

I have seen commercials on tv for this place that claims they actually cure addiction. It seems like a marketing scheme to me of course but I simply think it's foolish to have that closed a mind, thinking AA is the only way, as a society. That said I have no idea what this other way of sobriety entails.

I have seen tons of these as well. There's one, something like Malibu Recovery Spa or something, and they have the owner who says something like "I used to be an addict, but I'm not anymore." I laughed my ass off.... none so blind as those who will not see.

I don't believe there is any kind of way to actually "cure" addiction.... outside of never using/drinking in the first place. It's easy to pass on something when you don't know what you're "missing."

I have seen tons of these as well. There's one, something like Malibu Recovery Spa or something, and they have the owner who says something like "I used to be an addict, but I'm not anymore." I laughed my ass off.... none so blind as those who will not see.

I don't believe there is any kind of way to actually "cure" addiction.... outside of never using/drinking in the first place. It's easy to pass on something when you don't know what you're "missing."

I think that's the one. Sounds right. We can't possibly know that there isn't a scientific approach we could take to cure addiction yet though. We haven't been in the business of it long enough yet and AA has a vested interest in that not coming about.

Back