Shea Moisture apologizes for controversial ad

Going from reading about that Swedish girl who was gangraped on film then harassed by journalists trying to turn her into the perpetrator while the rapists got 6 months in Swedish quote "jail" then upon release will go back to their govt stipends

To reading about oppressed American minorities deeply offended because a person of another race was included in a commercial for a brand of specialty shampoo they prefer

Just really sums up the climate of our generation and why all "social justice warriors" should be the ones ostracized and harassed into hiding

That was the original video from the campaign

Here's the other video people are talking about

I'm just offended that the hotness of the curly haired mulatto girl is being overlooked in all of this.

"Black people...we are really good at being racist." - Patrice O'neal.
Black people are conveniently left out of the sociological, i.e. cultural Marxist, definition of racism. "Racism is prejudice plus power."

If they did a commercial with a woman wearing an invisibility cloak on they would consider that racist too

Shoulda just gone with this.

vqGeMsr.gif

How did I know etc etc
another day, another racist outrage.
I swear, its as if its 1920s Mississippi all over again.
I don't understand why people like you give bloggers and twitter messages so much power. These people just sit on their ass and impulsively type shit. It's completely shallow bullshit that they will forget in the next hour. 1920s Mississippi?? You're seriously losing it.

I don't understand why people like you give bloggers and twitter messages so much power. These people just sit on their ass and impulsively type shit. It's completely shallow bullshit that they will forget in the next hour. 1920s Mississippi?? You're seriously losing it.
Simmer down, Nancy. It was a mostly facetious remark. Why does it rustle you so?

Trending on social media

People impulsively vent on twitter because they can, not because they actually really give a fuck. These are just shallow, bored losers. This is why I love Charles Barkley's Nancy Kerrigan strategy. By not having social media at all, you take the SJWs out at the knees. Because 90% of these complaints are only made because it takes zero effort to write a twitter message. Once you take away their access then they will just get frustrated and then quickly move on to something else.

Usually Twitter evidence is farcical at best, but when the amount of outrage causes a company to pull an ad, the bloggers have proven to have power by definition. If it was just a few people complaining into the ether, that would be one thing, but clearly they have influence here.

My black sisters will wear Indian hair, Brazilian hair, Peruvian hair, Malaysian hair, Eurasian hair, HORSE hair, but they will catch-a-fire and blast off into space when they hear about non-black groups using hair care brands that are culturally black.

My people, we need to get over our insecurities, envy and hypocrisy.

Usually Twitter evidence is farcical at best, but when the amount of outrage causes a company to pull an ad, the bloggers have proven to have power by definition. If it was just a few people complaining into the ether, that would be one thing, but clearly they have influence here.
My argument is that they only have power because these bitch ass companies give them power. If Shea didn't apologize and just completely ignored this I doubt their sales would have been affected. Most people that shop for that shit aren't on twitter trying to figure out their next political statement. It's just a relatively small group of disgusting freaks that make a living out of being outraged. I truly believe this.

Deep-seated insecurity is probably the most dangerous and damaging element of black culture.
In my experience, black people who let go of that insecurity - and all the bigotry and prejudice that comes with it - tend not to be held back by the same limitations that seem to affect the rest of their people.

Of course, it doesn't help that the 'liberal'-minded, while ostensibly trying to help, tend to cater to and propagate that insecurity.

Last edited:
My argument is that they only have power because these bitch ass companies give them power. If Shea didn't apologize and just completely ignored this I doubt their sales would have been affected. Most people that shop for that shit aren't on twitter trying to figure out their next political statement. It's just a relatively small group of disgusting freaks that make a living out of being outraged. I truly believe this.

This kind of tea spilling goes on in other social media as well and if people or companies dont apologize and make things right quickly then they get a lot of back lash and customers saying they wont buy product ever again.

My black sisters will wear Indian hair, Brazilian hair, Peruvian hair, Malaysian hair, Eurasian hair, HORSE hair, but they will catch-a-fire and blast off into space when they hear about non-black groups using hair care brands that are culturally black.

My people, we need to get over our insecurities, envy and hypocrisy.
I saw something similar happen over juvias place makeup. Used to be a small black owned brand that made makeup for dark skin and the consumer base was primarily black. Then word got out how well the makeup worked and the brand started sending pr to really famous white makeup artists and black women were getting upset about it not because they were catering to whites but because they felt the company had built their business on black dollars and then forgot about them. They basically felt used. I think that is what this is about.

Kind of like when i watched those documentaries on black hair care business and black beauty shop owners were saying that they felt black customers expect stuff for free from black businesses and get easily mad when owners dont comply with free or generous discounts.

I think the problem isnt black and white but black on black jealousy.

I saw something similar happen over juvias place makeup. Used to be a small black owned brand that made makeup for dark skin and the consumer base was primarily black. Then word got out how well the makeup worked and the brand started sending pr to really famous white makeup artists and black women were getting upset about it not because they were catering to whites but because they felt the company had built their business on black dollars and then forgot about them. They basically felt used. I think that is what this is about.

Kind of like when i watched those documentaries on black hair care business and black beauty shop owners were saying that they felt black customers expect stuff for free from black businesses and get easily mad when owners dont comply with free or generous discounts.

I think the problem isnt black and white but black on black jealousy.
And while holding black businesses to such a ridiculous standard, those hypocrites tend to find themselves getting their pedicures from Koreans that are allowed to be gracious enough to serve anyone that makes the door chime ring. Crabs in a bucket.

shia moisture they should have got shia labeouf tbh.

I hear he's looking for work.

And while holding black businesses to such a ridiculous standard, those hypocrites tend to find themselves getting their pedicures from Koreans that are allowed to be gracious enough to serve anyone that makes the door chime ring. Crabs in a bucket.
Yes i think theyre absolutely fine with white women buying shea moisture but black women hold a higher standard for black businesses meaning that even though more white women are starting to buy shea moisture black women want the company to continue focus on black women first meaning all or most of their advertisements should be targeted for black people because the black customer should be more important than the white because the black customer dollar built this brand and made it all possible to begin with.

I wish i knew how to say this better but basically its not about hating other races but rather being hyper critical of black businesses expanding into other markets because it takes the focus off of the grass roots customer and this customer feel alienated by the brands success.

Yes i think theyre absolutely fine with white women buying shea moisture but black women hold a higher standard for black businesses meaning that even though more white women are starting to buy shea moisture black women want the company to continue focus on black women first meaning all or most of their advertisements should be targeted for black people because the black customer should be more important than the white because the black customer dollar built this brand and made it all possible to begin with.

I wish i knew how to say this better but basically its not about hating other races but rather being hyper critical of black businesses expanding into other markets because it takes the focus off of the grass roots customer and this customer feel alienated by the brands success.
All dollars are green (in the US, at least). If a business wishes to expand into other demographics that will help it grow, it should do so and not be held back by hipster mentalities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back