Television SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW TV Series

If you have seen the entire season of SHE-HULK, how do you feel about it?

• Liked it

• It was ok

• Meh

• Disliked it

• Did not watch because this show is garbage

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Ares Black
@SmilinDesperado

Canceled. Because it was dogshit.
i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif

Update: November 8, 2019

Marvel's SHE-HULK Series Finds Its Head Writer with Rick and Morty Scribe

8vYSd4p.jpg

She-Hulk has found its voice. Jessica Gao, who won an Emmy for her work on Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on She-Hulk, the Disney+ series from Marvel Studios.

The last major character to be co-created by Stan Lee, She-Hulk is Jennifer Walters, an attorney and cousin of Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk. An emergency blood transfusion from her cousin gave Walters her powers but unlike Banner/Hulk, She-Hulk was able to keep her intelligence and personality when she Hulked out.

The character’s first comic series and her initial appearances as an eventual member of the Fantastic Four in the 1980s played her heroism fairly straight but a relaunch by writer-artist John Byrne in 1989 saw the character veer into meta comedy. In the 2000s, her series have kept the comedy vibe, playing on the conflict of having a tall, muscular green-skinned lady act as a lawyer for all types. Think a superheroic Ally McBeal.

Gao’s hiring points to how Marvel may be approaching the series. The scribe, repped by 3 Arts Entertainment, has numerous animation credits such as Nickelodeon’s The Mighty B! as well as her work on Rick and Morty. She won an Emmy for penning the episode “Pickle Rick.” She also wrote episodes of HBO’s Silicon Valley and wrote and exec produced a comedy pilot for ABC titled Lazy Rich Asians, which shot this year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rick-morty-scribe-write-marvels-she-hulk-1253300
I used to have that poster by my bench . Lol

These shows really aren’t dark enough,start out pretty good but increasingly become corny,I stopped watching by episode 4/5 . They could have done a lot with Abomination but dumbed it down for the casual viewer.

@Ares Black
@SmilinDesperado

Canceled. Because it was dogshit.
i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif
Meanwhile, in reality:
But its main character was a walking special effect, which (according to Variety) led to ballooning budgets of as much as $25 million per episode and a total cost equal to that of a major blockbuster movie release. That’s a high price tag for a show with a niche, low-stakes concept, which had only a middling impact on its release. To make matters worse, Variety also reported that Marvel Studios’ script development and production processes proved ill-suited to episodic TV, resulting (in She-Hulk’s case) in rushed and unfinished visual effects that were especially underwhelming, considering the budget.

Pretty easy to believe. It was an incredibly expensive show and it has little pay off for the broader MCU because it is a TV show.
The giant Marvel production machine may work well for big blockbuster movies, but not so well for TV shows that aren't getting box office dollars.

It should be unsurprising that it was not popular with teenage boys/a mostly male audience. Wasn't a bad show in and of itself, just not good for the general audience they're catering to.
It suffered from the same problem the majority of the Marvel products has suffered from post End Game. There is no direction, and there's just a bunch of people doing their own things while still trying to call it one connected universe. Marvel has taken a year off, so it's not surprising that this show didn't get renewed. Only Loki has gotten a 2nd season and that's because it was setting up the next major villain for the MCU. So it's not even like She-Hulk was an outlier in this. Most of the TV shows have been mediocre at best.

Goodbye, good luck, good fucking riddance.

Not quite as bad as Ms Marvel; at least I managed to finish She Hulk. But still one of the worst things the MCU has produced. $25 million per episode, and there were scenes where She Hulk looked like Shrek after gender-reassigngment surgery. And bad as the effects were, the script managed to be even worse. :rolleyes:

Although the show was expensive, I don't think that was the core issue here. All of the other Marvel and Star Wars TV series aren't cheap either so i suspect the main issue is with long-term viability.

Disney was hoping to make She-Hulk and Ms Marvel long-term shows but the show is obviously hard to sell. It's safe to say the positive viewership demographic is very narrow and being that it's at the bottom alongside Ms Marvel in total views, spelled out a potentially mediocre future.

Last edited:
Back