Locked SHAZAM! Movie (First Reactions; New Trailer Released)

How do you feel about the casting of Zachary Levi as Shazam?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of the trailer.

Dwayne should have been in this in some fashion. He will probably be the post credit scene, but still. Shazam! Was a really, really popular character in the late 70s and 80s. I remember him in the later 80s because of my half brother.

Looks like they will be adapting the New 52 origin story by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.

Looks like the pitch was a superhero version of Big. I'm okay with it since it looks like the intended audience is kids so I can pass on this. The adult is kinda overacting though, he acts nothing like the kid but like an adult actor acting like a kid in improv .

looks ok. I get netflix vibes off this. Other than that, trailer was was put together just fine.

I grew up reading Shazam and was a HUGE fan. My Mom bought me an original Fawcett Comics Captain Marvel comic for Christmas one year and a few early DC Shazam comics to add to my collection since she knew I like the character so much. I have high hopes for the movie, I really wish it wasn't so campy. It may work, but right now Baby Groot seems less campy to me than what I've seen so far of Shazam.

Alex Ross weighs in on his thoughts regarding this film:

Malone_01.jpg

700_B03_E2_7_A7_C_4981_BD6_C_B8_AD4261214_E.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

Last edited:
I liked everything but the muscle suit. The scene where he stops the convenient store robbers, the muscle suit is too obvious and that’s being nice

I can see this being a good movie. Whether it'll make much money however i'm not sure as DC have dropped one too many stinkers in the cinema.

Lmao looks like pure garbage and that suit, wow unless they are going for tongue in cheek this movie will not age well at all

Lmao looks like pure garbage and that suit, wow unless they are going for tongue in cheek this movie will not age well at all

It's fucking horrible I can't believe this. I was actually interested in this then i saw that trailer. Horrible pick for Shazam and isn't the kid supposed to turn into Shazam? Not have him as a side kick. I might be wrong been a while.

The trailer started off good but once Zachary came in I was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back