Locked SHAZAM! Movie (First Reactions; New Trailer Released)

How do you feel about the casting of Zachary Levi as Shazam?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it mostly comes down to attitude. Part of the SHAZAM suite of powers involves the Wisdom of Solomon, so a lot of that angsty teen stuff doesn't come up as much. He's also physically an adult when powered up so there's not really the "hey, why's there a kid in the Justice League?" hangup. A lot of the Titans were also sidekicks, apprentices, formerly members of another group, legacy characters, or outcasts (Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Beast Boy, Superboy, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Raven) and Billy doesn't quite fit that theme; he isn't trying to live up to a legacy or forge his own identity.

Yeah he also has his own team. Cap marvel junior and Mary marvel

4c54e147fb7aa106d4effb5803c8675e.jpg
C1dOpQeUsAA_n91.jpg

Holy jumping fucking shitballs, that costume REEKS! I could piece together a better outfit rifling through the trash!

Yeah man. They had a perfect model to go on. Don’t know why they always complicate things for themselves.

I dont care how the suit looks. It is definitely going to look alright in the final movie. I just hope the rest of the movie will be alright, too.
Yes because if there's one thing DC has become known for, it's delivering a quality final product.

Update: July 17, 2018

First Official Image of Asher Angel as Billy Batson in SHAZAM!

The suit is good. The only thing I don't like is how every suit nowadays is textured in the exact same way. You know what I mean? I get the scales for aquaman but not the rest.
gallery-1469471854-batman.png

Compare-color-56a910e75f9b58b7d0f7ce2b.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Can't they just make one with a fabric? Like the classic look?
C1dOpQeUsAA_n91.jpg

Think it looks so much better than the one that was accidentally leaked.

This actually looks entertaining for DC. Could it be? A DC movie that isn't dark and gritty and is actually fun??

This actually looks entertaining for DC. Could it be? A DC movie that isn't dark and gritty and is actually fun??

That does look enjoyable. It's clearly not a movie that takes itself seriously and that's why it could work.

I just can't unsee Chuck's muscle suit. Also, i now see why Rock is doing a Black Adam standalone. His grimdark would either shit all over Shazam's campyness or Shazam's camp would ruin Black Adam forever.

Wow, this looks super cringe. Definitely a kids comic flick.

So did Penny Marshall steal the idea of Big from Shazam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back