Shawn Porter-Yordenis Ugas March 9th FOX

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
porter-ugas.jpg

Porter doing good by me with fights he's taking and winning. Good on him, hope he gets the W here and moves on to Spence or Thruman.

Ugas will keep it interesting for the first half of the fight and probably steal a couple rounds until Porters pressure takes a toll on him.
Porter by UD.

Ugas will keep it interesting for the first half of the fight and probably steal a couple rounds until Porters pressure takes a toll on him.
Porter by UD.
I know Porter isn't necessarily a huge puncher, but I don't think Ugas has the chin necessary to see the scorecards

I know Porter isn't necessarily a huge puncher, but I don't think Ugas has the chin necessary to see the scorecards
He'll make it until at least the 9th round. Possibly he gets stopped late

Porter by UD.
I also see a dec. Here. Ugas has been on a roll since moving to 147

The Shawn Porter-Yordenis Ugas welterweight world title bout scheduled to headline the Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox on March 9 was announced for Las Vegas but likely will move to Southern California, a PBC source told ESPN on Wednesday. The source said the co-feature, which has not been announced yet, will match Edwin Rodriguez (30-2, 20 KOs), 33, of Worcester, Massachusetts, against Poland native Andrzej Fonfara (30-5, 18 KOs), 31, of Chicago, in a cruiserweight bout. In addition, heavyweight prospect Efe Ajagba (8-0, 7 KOs), 24, a 2016 Nigerian Olympian fighting out of Houston, will appear in another televised bout.

Espn.com/Boxing

The Shawn Porter-Yordenis Ugas welterweight world title bout scheduled to headline the Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox on March 9 was announced for Las Vegas but likely will move to Southern California, a PBC source told ESPN on Wednesday. The source said the co-feature, which has not been announced yet, will match Edwin Rodriguez (30-2, 20 KOs), 33, of Worcester, Massachusetts, against Poland native Andrzej Fonfara (30-5, 18 KOs), 31, of Chicago, in a cruiserweight bout. In addition, heavyweight prospect Efe Ajagba (8-0, 7 KOs), 24, a 2016 Nigerian Olympian fighting out of Houston, will appear in another televised bout.

Espn.com/Boxing

I'm looking forward to seeing the heavyweight Efe Ajagba in action again. At the moment they still have his opponent in the scheduled 6 rounder listed as TBA but I heard a rumor earlier today that they might be bringing in useful journeyman Avery Gibson to face him. That would actually be a decent step up in competition over his last few opponents. Gibson is just 9-7-4 but he's never been stopped & his losses have been to men like Michael Hunter, Simon Kean & Oleksandr Teslenko so he's no stiff. He's got some skills & will likely give Ajagba some much-needed rounds.

Has Ugas been stopped?

He held up to Imam's power but still los a decision

This can get ugly and boring or very entertaining

Porter's style can be awful and Ugas' isn't all that great, still, I wouldn't be surprised if Porter stops Ugas late

Porter doesn't stop too many people and Ugas hasn't exactly shown a poor chin. Ugas has a strong body attack and handles fighting in the pocket and even on the inside better than the majority of accomplished Cuban amateurs. I think this is a very competitive fight.

Porter doesn't stop too many people and Ugas hasn't exactly shown a poor chin. Ugas has a strong body attack and handles fighting in the pocket and even on the inside better than the majority of accomplished Cuban amateurs. I think this is a very competitive fight.
Has Ugas been stopped?

He held up to Imam's power but still los a decision

This can get ugly and boring or very entertaining

Porter's style can be awful and Ugas' isn't all that great, still, I wouldn't be surprised if Porter stops Ugas late
I'm gonna be honest I've only seen a few Ugas fights and while he looked good I remember having questions about his chin. Maybe I'm thinking of another guy, and I'll watch some more Ugas tape to make my final, better informed, decision.

Definitely not a bad fight, but I have the feeling Porter is a level above. Though he's also been a bit on the slide, so who knows?

I'm gonna be honest I've only seen a few Ugas fights and while he looked good I remember having questions about his chin. Maybe I'm thinking of another guy, and I'll watch some more Ugas tape to make my final, better informed, decision.

Definitely not a bad fight, but I have the feeling Porter is a level above. Though he's also been a bit on the slide, so who knows?

Dulorme did floor him and give him some real issues.

yeah I think that was the fight I was thinking of. I htink I saw the Imam fight as well. I'll watch the Robinson and James fights too.

yeah I think that was the fight I was thinking of. I htink I saw the Imam fight as well. I'll watch the Robinson and James fights too.

He didn't look great against Imam, but he still probably deserved the decision. He has adjusted better to the pros in recent years, too. Porter makes a lot of guys uncomfortable, though, so we'll see.

Dang now I remember that fight, its that fight where Ugas looked like crap and should have lost

Never thought much of Ugas

Ugas is unbeaten at 147 that’s his real weight. Porter should be the favorite but it should be a competitive fight. Also dulorme dropped him but to be fair dulorme also dropped Jessie vargas in his last fight.

heavy-handed slugger Efe Ajagba steps up to face experienced veteran Amir Mansour in an eight-round heavyweight attraction in the televised opener.

Back