Shawn Michaels 1st World title shot?

TankAbbott

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
C_Y-JVdXoAEOWym.jpg

I was surprised to stumble upon this card. Shawn and Marty were only in their 4th or 5th month in the AWA and not yet headlining, but here Shawn is fighting the World champ. Any details how this came about?

Scott Hall/Curt Hennig/Leon White... GOAT 6 man tag team AINEC.

C_Y-JVdXoAEOWym.jpg

I was surprised to stumble upon this card. Shawn and Marty were only in their 4th or 5th month in the AWA and not yet headlining, but here Shawn is fighting the World champ. Any details how this came about?
Razor Ramon.

Not everyday you get to see such stars like King Kong Brady and Monty Jannetty
What's funny, is I'm pretty sure those are typos. Bruiser Brody was "King Kong Brody", and Marty Jannetty has never been known as Monty, as far as I know.

Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon and Vader was a powerful team.

All those spelling errors but somehow they managed to get Zybysko right lol

The Boyhood Dream had to start somewhere

What's funny, is I'm pretty sure those are typos. Bruiser Brody was "King Kong Brody", and Marty Jannetty has never been known as Monty, as far as I know.

Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon and Vader was a powerful team.

As is Cheri Martel

Is the Barberian some kind of barbarian barber? Sounds like a tag team between The Barbarian and Brutus Beefcake.

[It's a heck of a card especially with all the misspelled names. This must be 1986 but I have no clue why Shawn was wrestling Stan Hansen. I have never heard of Shawn wrestling Stan so I wonder if it ever went through? I believe Steve Austin had Shawn on his show and Hansen's name came up along with Brody and they both talked about what tough guys they were and what it would've been like to wrestle those guys or have those guys in the business today. I could be mistaken though.

Check out the medium size mayne at the bottom.

Back