Share your training regimen.

we need your lifeblood here. S&C is a cemetery 9 months of the year.

Do offset bag squats count the same as a barbell? If you're holding 200 on a shoulder doing A2G squats, it's comparable to 300 barbell.
I quite like using my bags for a zercher style hold whilst squatting with my sandbags. Having to keep the chest upright to avoid it touching the legs is a good challenge. 200 + pound bag in that position would be pretty impressive, bodyweight dependent.

I would definitely put a 200 lb offset squat on the shoulders above a 300lb perfectly weighted barbell back squat from a rack. Especially for reps. I can rep out with a barbell much easier than I can with odd objects that shifting or require actual gripping to use.

I quite like using my bags for a zercher style hold whilst squatting with my sandbags. Having to keep the chest upright to avoid it touching the legs is a good challenge. 200 + pound bag in that position would be pretty impressive, bodyweight dependent.

I would definitely put a 200 lb offset squat on the shoulders above a 300lb perfectly weighted barbell back squat from a rack. Especially for reps. I can rep out with a barbell much easier than I can with odd objects that shifting or require actual gripping to use.
Last week we just did the 100 reps Bear Hug Bodyweight Bag squat challenge. It was horrible. The drive from bag squatting hits faster than barbell reps.

Last week we just did the 100 reps Bear Hug Bodyweight Bag squat challenge. It was horrible. The drive from bag squatting hits faster than barbell reps.
I have been doing sandbag shoulders and bear hug squats as 2 of my main movements in my current strength training. It's much more challenging than front squats with double that weight, which was my previous squat movement.

Today I will be using my 150lb bag for both movements, after that I only have a 200lb so will have to up the reps or adjust to harder movements. I like the idea of Sandbag shoulder squats with the offset component. Either that or lunges in the same position.

I have been doing sandbag shoulders and bear hug squats as 2 of my main movements in my current strength training. It's much more challenging than front squats with double that weight, which was my previous squat movement.

Today I will be using my 150lb bag for both movements, after that I only have a 200lb so will have to up the reps or adjust to harder movements. I like the idea of Sandbag shoulder squats with the offset component. Either that or lunges in the same position.
Gonna write a book and the next major training fad called Bags, Bells, Bands & Bullshit. Unassuming army gonna be tossing PRs like warm ups.

Gonna write a book and the next major training fad called Bags, Bells, Bands & Bullshit. Unassuming army gonna be tossing PRs like warm ups.

Call it BBBW (Bags, Bells, bands, bullshit and weights). I am sure people searching it will find the acronym useful when searching on the interwebz.

150lb bag was a surprising challenge for the old sandbag shoulders yesterday. I finished them over my shoulder and just repped out 4 total (2 each side) for each set and straight into Sandbag bear hug squats which were easy.

I have smaller atlas stone sizes bags for my heavier ones and they are much more challenging than my bigger bag I have had for years and just swapped bags in and out of. 10kg increments from 50- 250lb would be perfect.

I don't think I could do more than a single rep with the 200lber and it would be a true 1RM effort IMO. Sandbag squatting the thing is a breeze though which shows how much extra work the lap to shoulder movement is. In comparison I could hang clean that weight with a barbell any day of the week.

Call it BBBW (Bags, Bells, bands, bullshit and weights). I am sure people searching it will find the acronym useful when searching on the interwebz.

150lb bag was a surprising challenge for the old sandbag shoulders yesterday. I finished them over my shoulder and just repped out 4 total (2 each side) for each set and straight into Sandbag bear hug squats which were easy.

I have smaller atlas stone sizes bags for my heavier ones and they are much more challenging than my bigger bag I have had for years and just swapped bags in and out of. 10kg increments from 50- 250lb would be perfect.

I don't think I could do more than a single rep with the 200lber and it would be a true 1RM effort IMO. Sandbag squatting the thing is a breeze though which shows how much extra work the lap to shoulder movement is. In comparison I could hang clean that weight with a barbell any day of the week.
Sometimes over the shoulder feels easier than stopping on shoulder. I guess because you can duck out and bail instead of standing through it to finish. Currently working on being proficient left & right shoulder as well as vertical or horizontal pulls.

Sometimes over the shoulder feels easier than stopping on shoulder. I guess because you can duck out and bail instead of standing through it to finish. Currently working on being proficient left & right shoulder as well as vertical or horizontal pulls.
I stopped on the shoulder and then went over the back in an extra movement. I didn't have room for the full toss, so maybe that's why it felt noticeably harder. My bottom ab area is sore today from the hip extension onto the shoulder and then over.

I have done them before but have mostly been doing zercher and bear hug variations recently as opposed to going over the shoulder.

I stopped on the shoulder and then went over the back in an extra movement. I didn't have room for the full toss, so maybe that's why it felt noticeably harder. My bottom ab area is sore today from the hip extension onto the shoulder and then over.

I have done them before but have mostly been doing zercher and bear hug variations recently as opposed to going over the shoulder.
Another bonus of them is you don't have to be gentle. Toss, throw, drop, slam, kick. They are like an ex you can't make leave. Be sitting there tomorrow waiting on you to get home.

Another bonus of them is you don't have to be gentle. Toss, throw, drop, slam, kick. They are like an ex you can't make leave. Be sitting there tomorrow waiting on you to get home.

Interesting. I’ve heard of husbands get jail time for far far less.

Eh, I guess those husbands are not as alpha as you and I… Who can get away with stupid shit because women endlessly lust after us.

By the way. To those still doubting me. I did bent over rows last night for 5 sets of 3 with 265 pounds. That’s not far away from my original levels of strength.

If you’re that desperate for a video then I’ll post the one where I squatted 395 pounds easily. Olympic style with a pause at the bottom. That was three years ago.

By the way. To those still doubting me. I did bent over rows last night for 5 sets of 3 with 265 pounds. That’s not far away from my original levels of strength.

If you’re that desperate for a video then I’ll post the one where I squatted 395 pounds easily. Olympic style with a pause at the bottom. That was three years ago.
I doubt you. Your story has changed multiple times, your lifts are creeping down and I don't believe you will upload any videos.

How long does it take for noob gains to peak and then you actually have to start working harder to gain? 4-5 months?

Lol - not only are you one of those "no belt" guys, you are a "pause at the bottom" guy. Let me guess, your bench is "no arch"?

Lol - not only are you one of those "no belt" guys, you are a "pause at the bottom" guy. Let me guess, your bench is "no arch"?

Watch out bro. He also explosively lifts 225 with so much potential and can BOR 40lbs more than that clean without straps. The numbers are all over the place and don't add up unless it's someone's alt trying to troll.

From memory old matey is in HW territory (225-250), which puts all these lifts at under 2x BW or barely bodyweight. That's from the pre xmas thread about 50 rep goblet squats being the ultimate form of cardio to protect the knees as opposed to running.

We aren't ever going to see these lifting vids.

Of course! Otherwise, it's cheating! Just like sumo deadlifting.

Back