Share some personal stories you remember surrounding an event/PPV/Fight Night !

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In another thread, I was posting on how shocked I was not to remember that Rory and Nate had fought, and I remember why this was, because it was UFC 129: GSP and Shields and THAT night I had skipped the prelims and gone to a house to watch the PPV with others and have drinks/food. Some memories were sparked as I remember that night quite vividly and are one of the memories I still cling to after the death of my best friend, Remy. (R.I.P)

Anyways here's the story:

Friend of friend was having a UFC Night at his place - pay 5 bucks to get in, BYOB but his mom served Nachos and Beef and all this amazing fat people food. His name was Randy I remember as his father was rooting for Randy Couture just because he shared a name with his son, lol, we all know how that turned out.

This also was the first event that I had brought my best friend, Remy, to watch the fights. Ever since that evening, he slowly became a h core fan. With posters all over his walls and everything, never missed a fight and watched all the old ones and showed mma knowledge that rivaled my own. He, unfortunately, committed suicide 2 years ago and the hole he left in his wake has still not been filled for me, his or my own family. When I say best friend, I mean our parents are friends and we were born a month apart - I spent every weekend of my childhood with him and lived with him for many years in my adult life. We were brothers pretty much.

Anyways I could go on and on about him, but I won't. It's good to have memories with him though. What I remember the most about that night is, I wanted to show him my favourite fighter fight, this new, young crazy Brazilian champ that had just entered the UFC after the WEC merging. I was excited to show off my guy to everybody.

Then, moments before the fight, the mother fucking cock sucking POWER goes out! Yep, that's right. Seriously about 10 seconds before they were about to touch gloes, BLACKESS. All over the house. Followed by some laughter - at me - from my best friend and a few others that joined in. I was furious, fuming, foaming at the mouth. We lit some candles and just chilled for a while.

OH! Then suddenly, BOOM, power comes back on. Oh, sweet! We get to see Jose Aldo now! Well, turns out we did, but we got to see him in his corners after the first round has just ended. Ok, all is good, fight is not over, we can see the second round then.

OH! Boom. Power off again. More laughter. Some angry "Fuck!"s mine included. Randy's father and mother get upset, say they are going to demand a refund, etc. Well, as luck would have it, the power finally did come back on in the middle of the fourth round. So all everybody got to see of Jose Aldo was Mark Hominick laying on him making Aldo his bitch. Haha. Hilarious in hindsight. "Great fighter, Brad. He's a beast, pffft" remarks were bitch-slapped at me afterwards. And yes, my name is Brad, Thuckey is not my real name (shock)

Our first few events that we watched had me giving the back stories for the all the guys, telling Remy who mattered and who beat who, general mma stuff. Eventually we could watch an event together and HE'd tell me some things I did not even know. Was great to share a passion with somebody I knew so well. Incidentally after that night GSP became HIS favourite guy, as Remy and his father, Remy Sr. are French-Canadian with strong family ties to Quebec. He had gone on to see some UFC events in person as well, begging me to get my passport and come with him. However money was always a problem for me and I had promised we would go, many times in the future.

But, as fate would have it, he passed away before that could happen. Now, every time I watch a UFC event I remember him and think to myself that he is there with me somehow, in spirit, watching the event with me. For a good while we had gone out to the bar or rented a PPV together, saw all the big ones together. Sometimes we'd be with other people or girlfriends or whatever but there was always me and him there. And we would annoy or indeed interest people with our combined mma knowledge.

I have not gone out to a bar to watch a PPV event since. I have rented a few, but now usually I watch the the next day with my son. He's too young to stay up late and watch them live so it works out. He is only 5 years old but he shows a genuine interest in the sport, instead of names he will say "blue guy" or "white guy" whatever shorts they have on. I tell him about his "Uncle" Remy a lot and show him pictures but again, he was too young to remember him despite all the time they spent together.

Well, R.I.P to my brother, I shall see him in another life. Here is a photo of me and him in 2011, me with the shirt on:

x3zatz.jpg

Nevermind my "hathead"

As a guy who have 2 actual brothers who I treat not just siblings but as my best friends, I can relate that sports, especially UFC is what makes us bond the most. We're too busy with work and only on weekends we watch fights, with some barbeque, as a bonding. This post hits home. I hope you're doing good man.

RIP to your friend.

Ts don't post pics of people.you want shooped claiming it to be u and your dead brother it's stupid.

read below & recognize.

every time there's a UFC event I invite the boys over (no women allowed) to the ol' man cave & we have the time of our lives, better than anything you & yours have ever experienced. I have these wise words plastered above the door, & I tell ya, whenever there's a fight ending in a decision, I walk on over, not even having to say a word, where I lift one leg on a stool, crack a 30% smile & point at these words of wisdom while nodding slowly. the look on the faces of my bros just exude admiration & respect, they know I'm truly dedicated to the sport, looking so glorious with my mullet-hawk, barbed wired skull tattoos & Affliction tee bedazzled with rhinestones & electric neon foil. they know I am gloriously wise, & how they wish they could be just like me........... playing with their toes & shit.

F5If3np.jpg

I invited some friends to watch UFC 112 and they were like wow this sucks

Was in Vegas first time in the states
For silva vs Weidman 2

Just arrived at the MGM, no sleep, 12 hour flight, tired and starving as fuck
Very overwhelmed with the size of the place to say the least

Stumble through check in and somehow follow instructions to the lifts practically falling asleep on my luggage, just as the lift doors closing
Huge hand stops it jumps in nods at me
.. it's Travis Browne
I told him good luck tonight dude, he reminded me the fight was tommorow'
(Still fast asleep standing)

Anyway I wanna bet because I'm in Vegas yolo right
Ronda/Miller/Weidman were locks to me but the odds weren't great, my wife starts banging on at me about betting Travis because we saw him
I'm like 'LOL NO YOU DUMBY HES FIGHTING BARNETT' 'YOU KNOW NOTHING'
In the end I gave in and put him in the parlay and I told her if that wins you can have it (because it won't)

If you're a fan you know the rest
And she ended up with a new Micheal kors bag and some new ray bans

Fuckin bitch!

I was reading threads on Sherdog during this weekend's event, when I came across the term "Beta cuck".

I asked my wife what the term meant, and she said "shut the fuck up and drive me to my boyfriend's place"

She's been gone 2 days but I will ask her again when she gets back.

I was reading threads on Sherdog during this weekend's event, when I came across the term "Beta cuck".

I asked my wife what the term meant, and she said "shut the fuck up and drive me to my boyfriend's place"

She's been gone 2 days but I will ask her again when she gets back.
....yeah umm she says to tell you that she's not coming back and you're a beta cuck.

first ppv i ordered on my own was ufc 111. had 3 buddies from over (i was in HS). was a good night seeing as i was pulling for carwin and he knocked out mir in the 1st round.

Ive passed out countless times before main event due to drug / alcohol consumption and old age unfortunately :/

first ppv i ordered on my own was ufc 111. had 3 buddies from over (i was in HS). was a good night seeing as i was pulling for carwin and he knocked out mir in the 1st round.
If you were still in high school you didn't order it on your own you ordered it on your parents account you mooch.

My favorite story is spiteful, which says a lot about me, as a friend. I had a bunch of friends over for Final Conflict 2003. After seeing Rampage/Chuck, Wanderlei/Yoshida and Hendo/Busta, they got bored and impatient watching Saku/Randleman so they left to go smoke pot in the street. They missed Saku's armbar, Nog/Crocop, and Wanderlei/Rampage 1.

They came back an hour later, and I was so fuckin condescending, you all would've been quite proud. It's still my favorite event ever and Nog/Crocop is my favorite fight.

A less spiteful tale"

In 2007, my dad took me to Vegas (and PRIDE 33) for my 21st birthday. He's not an mma fan, but, to prep for the event, he watched a bunch of PRIDE events on the dvr at the time. The most recent PRIDE event was Shockwave 2006. I explained to him that Aoki's gogoplata on Hansen was such a unique submission. I had only seen it once and had just learned the name of it.

Anyway, a few weeks later, we're watching Nick Diaz and Takanori Gomi rip the tits off of the Thomas and Mack Center in one of the craziest fights I've ever seen, and out of the blue, Nick hits that same submission move. He does it as a takedown counter, too. My dad turned to me and asked, "Was that the gogo move?" He knew he'd just witnessed greatness.

<209Bitch>

Back