Shani Davis, what a s--- head.

It was not used in other tweets before by him.
Ty for the report.

I'd say that's pretty telling.
Because I think the best qualified person should earn the honor?
Because your drone habits prevented you from buying into his implied bullshit that the person with the most merit wasn't already awarded the honor. There is a traditional protocol, led by athletes (and their votes), which determines whose case has the most "merit". In the event of a tie, since the other measures to separate a leader failed, they flip a coin.

It makes perfect sense. "Merit" is a partially subjective concept, here, so there is no perfectly objective means to determine which athlete is most deserving. They used an objectively fair and established framework.

Yet he accuses them of dishonor. You slurped it up, and I'm guessing he sheep-hooked you with that hashtag: SJW kryptonite. You didn't pause to think.

Last edited:
Two candidates, selected on merit, garnered the same number of votes. A neutral disk of metal broke the tie. Far more equitable than a CEO making an arbitrary decision.
No. Do your job and step up and make a call. I reiterate this is a cowards way out. Can’t really take it further than that. As for the merits themselves, they seem to favor Davis but that’s neither here nor there.

I just realized I went to high school with this dude. I didn't know him though, he's a couple of grades younger than me.

Dude's been a whiny bitch for ages. Gotta be careful though, he's no longer enough of a winner to get away with it.

It's not just holding a flag, it's a bit more of a bigger deal than that to represent your country at the Olympics. Not many people get the opportunity and I can understand being miffed that a coin flip decided it.

I agree. Rock, paper, scissor.

Not racist.

just a spoiled little bitch that does not know what real racism is.

I hate out of touch "brothers" like him.

Man.... Yall should read this bleeding heart Time article... They got one foot in the tub and the other out.

Wanna give the man a pass cause he got picked on by hood boogers for skating. Man... If time dont get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

http://time.com/5142083/shani-davis-usa-flag-bearer-snub/

Honestly, my first thought when I saw this story yesterday was that it seemed incredibly critical of the girl that won the coin toss. He basically dismisses her as being less deserving than him, which is completely inappropriate even if he truly believes that. That's his teammate. You don't make a statement like that before the Olympics about your own teammate. That is a selfish Diva move, from a guy who most of us have never even heard of.
But she really is undeserving and doesnt have close to his merits. She is a good looking white girl. Thats what she has going for her. Also he never agreed to the coin toss from what I understand. All we heard was there was a coin toss and she won. For all we know it could be bullshit

But she really is undeserving and doesnt have close to his merits. She is a good looking white girl. Thats what she has going for her. Also he never agreed to the coin toss from what I understand. All we heard was there was a coin toss and she won. For all we know it could be bullshit
Nice ct there. It probably was a double sided penny. Also trump probably tossed the coin

Nice ct there. It probably was a double sided penny. Also trump probably tossed the coin
When you cant make a decent argument, mock people. What we saw was another white person get a job they are not qualified for. White privilege is real

When you cant make a decent argument, mock people. What we saw was another white person get a job they are not qualified for. White privilege is real
I mocked your post because you are way off the rails. It was a simple coin toss you are making this a conspiracy of ridiculous proportion. LOL at qualified, they could have voted for the youngest, most inexperienced member. There was no criteria.

I came into this thread because I didn't remember who Shani Davis is (I kept thinking "Who is this chick and why would @oldshadow start a thread about her when he rarely starts threads?" Oops.). If they voted and he didn't win the vote, I think it's silly to complain about the tie break methodology.

I am surprised that it was a tie. He appears to be the more successful Olympian between the two (more medals, more appearances).

It's also silly to use even number voting pools when voting for anything.

I was thinking Shonie Carter.

As a Dutch man who watches all speedskating events I know for a fact that Shani used to be good, but he hasn't been for years now, he's only going to the Olympics because the USA doesn't have better skaters atm, but he is no longer relevant in the world of speedskating.
I think the flag should be carried by someone who is relevant now, not by a has been.

Back