Shani Davis, what a s--- head.

Easiest way to determine if this is more coincidence than calculation is to review his other tweets in February (including years past) to see if they all carry that hashtag.

If not, it would be difficult to overlook the peculiarity within the context of the tweet, especially within the context of the racial climate of 2018, the race of the person who was awarded the honor, and the fact that he is assigning the pejorative "dishonorable" to the athlete-led process which attempts to be as meritocratic as possible for a subjective determination while honoring the objective protocol whereby they determine which case has the most merit.

Like I said, it's totally possible. I'm certainly not going to waste one second finding out though. I actually like it better if he's not playing the race card, because then he has even less of an excuse to be such a baby.

I do laugh at the thought of SJW's heads exploding trying to choose a side here. The black guy, or the woman? Decisions, decisions...

I am surprised that it was a tie. He appears to be the more successful Olympian between the two (more medals, more appearances).

I'm surprised he got any votes after bailing on the team in Turin.

So I clicked on the article, expecting to find more information supporting the idea that putting black history month at the end, indicated that this was racism.

Literally zero evidence is given for that.

#fake news

It was not used in other tweets before by him.

Honestly, my first thought when I saw this story yesterday was that it seemed incredibly critical of the girl that won the coin toss. He basically dismisses her as being less deserving than him, which is completely inappropriate even if he truly believes that. That's his teammate. You don't make a statement like that before the Olympics about your own teammate. That is a selfish Diva move, from a guy who most of us have never even heard of.

Nail on the head bud. And because of his outburst, he's going to be known for one of his more ugly moments instead of his achievements. Really shot himself in the foot here.

It's so fucking basic, man. It's just so easy to get this one right.

Yet you got it wrong. Un-warp yourself. You're a goddamn drone.

Because I think the best qualified person should earn the honor?

Because I think the best qualified person should earn the honor?

Qualified? To hold a flag?

I think you mean deserving, and even then it's debatable, and can't really be defined. She's retiring. On that alone, you could argue she's more deserving.

Qualified? To hold a flag?

I think you mean deserving, and even then it's debatable, and can't really be defined. She's retiring. On that alone, you could argue she's more deserving.

It's not just holding a flag, it's a bit more of a bigger deal than that to represent your country at the Olympics. Not many people get the opportunity and I can understand being miffed that a coin flip decided it.

he doesn't have that hashtag in his other tweets .. why are you acting obtuse ? ... then he tweeted some other sarcastic shit after that about 'how diverse this country is' and again about blackhistorymonth with little blackpower fist emojis .. I don't believe you believe the shit you're posting

it was racial .. he's just another whiny black guy who thinks whatever goes wrong for him is whitey's fault

So he doesn't get to carry the flag at the opening ceremony and he throws a fit and blames it on racism .

His tweet after a tie in the voting and he lost the coin toss.

"I am an American and when I won the 1000m in 2010 I became the first American to 2-peat in that event," Davis posted to his verified Twitter account on Thursday. "@TeamUSA dishonorably tossed a coin to decide its 2018 flag bearer. No problem. I can wait until 2022."

Davis added the hashtag “BlackHistoryMonth2018” to the end of his tweet, suggesting racial bias was involved."

So the toss was dishonorable and racist acourding to him then he throws even more of a fit and skips the opening ceremony because he didn't get his way.

Now he has every right to express his views but it makes him look like a spoiled brat that played the race card when he didn't get his way.

So I can express my view and hope he falls at every race he is in, fuck the metal count .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ony-flag-bearer-controversy-article-1.3810113

It's not just holding a flag, it's a bit more of a bigger deal than that to represent your country at the Olympics. Not many people get the opportunity and I can understand being miffed that a coin flip decided it.

Okay, but unless you're 12 years old, you don't throw a tantrum over it, and throw your teammate under the bus.

Also, in this scenario, a coin flip was the fairest way to decide the outcome, because the vote was tied.

Question though: Is this guy is being a little bitch? Yes or no?

Okay, but unless you're 12 years old, you don't throw a tantrum over it, and throw your teammate under the bus.

Also, in this scenario, a coin flip was the fairest way to decide the outcome, because the vote was tied.

Question though: Is this guy is being a little bitch? Yes or no?

I don't think voicing his displeasure of the outcome is throwing a tantrum. I also don't think they should have organized a vote like this if a tie was possible.

It's ok to be emotional about something that means something to you.

I don't think voicing his displeasure of the outcome is throwing a tantrum. I also don't think they should have organized a vote like this if a tie was possible.

LOL.

Why not? If either won by majority voter, fair enough. If neither won by majority vote and a 50/50 determining mechanism is needed, isn't that still fair enough?

Why not? If either won by majority voter, fair enough. If neither won by majority vote and a 50/50 determining mechanism is needed, isn't that still fair enough?

Why settle for fair enough instead of completely fair?

Why settle for fair enough instead of completely fair?

Yeah, right. Imagine if the vote was counted between 101 people, and this clown came out on the short end of the stick. Gee, I wonder if he'd accept the results, or whine like a bitch.

This was more fair than he could ever ask for. Tie breaker solved with coin toss, and this guy still whines like it's some fucking conspiracy.

I didn't know that. What happened in Turin?

He was an alternate for the team pursuit in Turin but refused to do it. He ultimately wasn’t eligible because alternates can only go due to injury, but no one knew that. After winning his golds he basically declined doing the team pursuit. He was being slammed for being a bad teammate and un-American.

Back