Shani Davis, what a s--- head.

oldshadow

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So he doesn't get to carry the flag at the opening ceremony and he throws a fit and blames it on racism .

His tweet after a tie in the voting and he lost the coin toss.

"I am an American and when I won the 1000m in 2010 I became the first American to 2-peat in that event," Davis posted to his verified Twitter account on Thursday. "@TeamUSA dishonorably tossed a coin to decide its 2018 flag bearer. No problem. I can wait until 2022."

Davis added the hashtag “BlackHistoryMonth2018” to the end of his tweet, suggesting racial bias was involved."

So the toss was dishonorable and racist acourding to him then he throws even more of a fit and skips the opening ceremony because he didn't get his way.

Now he has every right to express his views but it makes him look like a spoiled brat that played the race card when he didn't get his way.

So I can express my view and hope he falls at every race he is in, fuck the metal count .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ony-flag-bearer-controversy-article-1.3810113

I mean, they could have taken a more merit based approach, it is the Olympics.

Flipping a coin is kind of shitty.

Where did he blamed it on racism?

I don't know if he was suggesting racism at the end. Could've just been a handle he puts on all of his tweets for this month.

That said, he's being a little bitch about this.

Giving someone a 50/50 chance is so wrong on so many levels.

They voted and it was a tie. It was established before hand in case of a tie a coin toss would be used.

Where did he blamed it on racism?

I don't know if he was suggesting racism at the end. Could've just been a handle he puts on all of his tweets for this month.

That said, he's being a little bitch about this.

He was not using that hashtag until that tweed from what is indicated.

He should have objected to the coin toss prior to it being done if he felt so strongly against it.

Hamlin, 31, is competing in her fourth and final Winter Games. She became the first American female luger to medal at the Olympics when she won bronze in Sochi in 2014.
Shani Davis is acting like a sore loser. Yikes. Hamlin sounds like a great flag bearer.

It was a tie...if we're going to do it your way...
giphy.gif

I came into this thread because I didn't remember who Shani Davis is (I kept thinking "Who is this chick and why would @oldshadow start a thread about her when he rarely starts threads?" Oops.). If they voted and he didn't win the vote, I think it's silly to complain about the tie break methodology.

I am surprised that it was a tie. He appears to be the more successful Olympian between the two (more medals, more appearances).

It's also silly to use even number voting pools when voting for anything.

"I am an American" and what, she's not? I understand he's disappointed but this just sounds like sour grapes. Maybe if he had said something before hand about the coin toss procedure being unfair, but that's not what he did. He lost the coin toss and then got on his soap box.

So he doesn't get to carry the flag at the opening ceremony and he throws a fit and blames it on racism .

"I am an American and when I won the 1000m in 2010 I became the first American to 2-peat in that event," Davis posted to his verified Twitter account on Thursday. "@TeamUSA dishonorably tossed a coin to decide its 2018 flag bearer. No problem. I can wait until 2022."

Davis added the hashtag “BlackHistoryMonth2018” to the end of his tweet, suggesting racial bias was involved."

So the toss was dishonorable and racist acourding to him then he throws even more of a fit and skips the opening ceremony because he didn't get his way.

Now he has every right to express his views but it makes him look like a spoiled brat that played the race card when he didn't get his way.

So I can express my view and hope he falls at every race he is in, fuck the metal count .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ony-flag-bearer-controversy-article-1.3810113
He lost in a coin toss too. Damn racist coins.

It's the winter Olympics, so I doubt they'll be doing any sprinting.

Back