Shane Del Rosario Brain-Dead & on Life Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayhemMonkeyy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
"I just spoke to his manager Jason House again," Helwani stated. "He said the doctors are waiting a full 72 hours (which would end Friday AM) to see if he responds to the treatment he received. The treatment essentially was they cooled his body down considerably in an effort to revitalize his organs and brain. He has not responded to that treatment, it appears. He has no brain activity right now."

"Officially, he is still on life support right now at the hospital. House said, 'there is a very, very, very slim chance' he survives. Unfortunately, House said del Rosario would need 'a miracle.' The doctors have advised his friends and family to say their goodbyes today."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/28/5155582/shane-del-rosario-on-life-support-needs-a-miracle

Last edited by a moderator:
An undetected heart defect is one possibilty.

^This. Struve would have been in the same boat if they hadn't caught his heart problems early enough. These guys push their body to the limit every single day and one abnormality gets magnified with overuse.

Heart attacks don't have to be the result of an old, calcified heart. There are many, MANY heart defects which are asymptomatic and go unnoticed for a long time that can lead to sudden cardiac arrest. It could be a heart defect, it could be a severe electrolyte imbalance, lots of possibilities.

Sad stuff, wishing him and his family all the best through such a difficult ordeal

everyone asking why at 30

he could have had some kind of myopothy or a hole in the heart

stress is another killer at an early age

Man his luck is absolutely horrible... Dumb drunk driving bitch and a heart attack...

People asking how did he have a heart attact at 30.
It can just happen to some people, we're not machines. Fuck they even break down

Fucking guy can't catch a break. He hasn't seemed the same fighter since that accident, the he gets injured training for fights, now this? Crazy shit, man. I'll always wonder what could have been with this kid.

I actually had an ultrasound taken of my heart a few years back. Luckily nothinh wrong. Altho one of my valves is a little bigger it was of no concern to the doctor. Means I can just pump more blood. This is scary. Im 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back