Shameful confession

Nothing shameful about it, he's grown on me a lot the past year or so. He's loosened up a lot.
He has loosened up a lot, and I'll give him credit for that, he sounds slightly less forced than he used to but still I really wish they'd replace him. He still sounds too scripted and his monotone voice sucks the energy from the fights.

Hes the hottest commentator too imo.. nice plump lips.
505995.jpg

Anik is fine, he is a true professional. I don't recall him making too many goofy mistakes or saying something he shouldn't have, I think in the mix he has his place with his neutral stoic persona.

' Anik. But, we all miss Goldie. '
- Tze

In my opinion, the man is a seasoned pro. Best paired when he was with Brian Stann and at times he does well with carousel of color commentators.

He never bothered me really , I don't focus on the commentary really all that much anyway

I liked that clip in the post GSP/Bisping match, where they were Rogan, Anik, and Cormier were sitting there talking about what just happened in the Octagon. Rogan and Cormier were acting like their minds were just blown and Anik was sitting there staring at them and trying to have a normal commentary moment. Anik kept acting like he was watching two dudes tripping on LSD.

he has improved a lot
gets some emotion into his commentary as opposed to the older robotic tone

He's better than that Todd Grisham dude that doesn't even know the sport of MMA let alone, Kazushi Sakuraba.. Jon Anik is a good one. Rogan and him make a pretty good commentary team IMO.

Back