Shame on the UFC for allowing Bisping to fight.

I'm calling b.s on those medical check ups. The UFC probably had his eyes, ears, mouth and blood checked and that was it. No way a guy who got smashes three weeks ago is being cleared to fight by a legit doctor.

And Bisping didn't just get choked out, he got rocked and dropped.

Stop trying to justify this negligent fight.
Josh koscheck fought prime, peaking MT wrecking ball thiago Alves on short notice filling in for an injured Diego Sanchez and was wrecked on his way to a decision loss then 3 weeks later knocked his originally scheduled opponent out cold.

He took more damage in his Alves fight than Bisping did in his GSP fight.

Josh koscheck fought prime, peaking MT wrecking ball thiago Alves on short notice filling in for an injured Diego Sanchez and was wrecked on his way to a decision loss then 3 weeks later knocked his originally scheduled opponent out cold.

Even in that case, it's still a stupid and negligent thing that they allowed.

Even in that case, it's still a stupid and negligent thing that they allowed.
From a fighter health standpoint? Yes. It is.

All fighters should get a mandatory 60 day recovery time period.

But this is business and this particular business thrives on exploiting fighters.

That punch would have KOd him regardless of if he fought just 3 weeks ago in my opinion. Still probably a bad idea for his health though yes

He did mention retiring in the near future, so this is just his way of getting in a few more fights before his time is over. If it's any consolation, he won't be accepting any short notice fights for the remainder of the year.

If he would have won then what? He’s a grown man n was cleared to fight. He knows his time is up in ufc n tried cashing in couple more checks

Bisping does a dangerous thingh, if you take some punch while your brain still recover from a concussion, you seriously risk your healty and even your life in the fight.
But maybe bisping was ok in all sense and we can't know.

Bisping does a dangerous thingh, if you take some punch while your brain still recover from a concussion, you seriously risk your healty and even your life in the fight.
But maybe bisping was ok in all sense and we can't know.
Yeah.. we don't have any idea if Mike was 100% or not, he may have been fine... I really hate the fact they UFC let him take this fight at all given all the aforementioned reasons, it was just a really bad idea when we are talking specifically about the health of the fighters. I hope this doesn't become the trend.

For sure, but it's not just that. I think the biggest problem is that he went through a grueling fight camp, fought GSP and then is supposed to fight again in a few weeks. Even if he had won the GSP fight, physically and emotionally no man is up for it again in 3 weeks.

Not true at all.
Depends on the fight and the fighter. Bisping is one of the mentally strongest guys in the fight game. A loss isn't going to break him

Bisping didn't take a nasty beating, and he wasn't knocked out. And GSP isn't a huge puncher. If any of these things were opposite then yea, he shouldn't be back in the cage a scant few weeks later.
He had a competitive fight where he got choked out. He's fine.
Full camp Bisping would have still been KOd by that same punch from Kelvin.

Nah, there was almost 2 months between those two fights you mentioned.

I never said he got knocked out.

Bisping is a 38-year-old fighter, who got knocked down, then took repeated elbows and punches to the head before being choked out. I just don't think they should let that guy fight 21 days later against a top 10 fighter.

Agreed 100% Dumb and dangerous taking that fight

It's almost like the UFC knew Andy was going to pop positive........

Like, dick pills and special Brazilian hamburger meat is normal..........

Men make their own decisions and are held accountable for them.

I'm surprised the commission didn't give him a medical suspension. They often give a month to guys who win in rather noncompetitive fights.

Lmao has GSP ever knocked anyone out cold?

Y’all act like Bisping got Tank Abbotted in their fight.

GSP is a heavy hitter nao.

He got a lot more than just knocked down and choked too. He took about 10+ unanswered brutal Elbows before being choked out

October 25 to December 10

Under 6 weeks

That's 46 days, almost 7 weeks.

Maybe you're thinking about the time he fought Jake Ellenberger on February 28, 2015 then fought Erick Silva on March 21, 2015. That was exactly 3 weeks and he got choked out both times.

Back