Shame on the UFC for allowing Bisping to fight.

blackjackz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Before I get jumped on for trying to take something away from Kelvin's win, please know that I would pick Gastelum over Bisping regardless. Kelvin did a great job, he should be proud of beating one of the toughest fighters ever on the UFC's roster.

But allowing, or should I say recruiting, a fighter who was knocked down and choked out 21 days ago to take short notice fight in China, against a top 10 contender is disgusting. They capitalized on Bisping's still trending buzz, to have a high profile former champion save the card after Anderson got flagged.

I simply don't see this fight being allowed in Nevada, California or New York. Sure, I get the fact that he wasn't suspended after the GSP fight, but that shouldn't be an excuse for the promotion to put this guy back into the ring. And yes, I am aware that Bisping is a grown man who can make decisions for himself... but in this case, he shouldn't have been allowed to even consider the option.

The UFC should never have considered Bisping as an option to fill in for Anderson Silva, they did what they did because they needed a high profile fill in for the fight, and completely disregarded fighter safety.

Getting choked out isn't the same as getting KTFO, m8.
I never said he got knocked out.

Bisping is a 38-year-old fighter, who got knocked down, then took repeated elbows and punches to the head before being choked out. I just don't think they should let that guy fight 21 days later against a top 10 fighter.

Bisping probably owes people money for losing the GSP fight. Needed the cash.

Bisping is a 38-year-old fighter, who got knocked down, then took repeated elbows and punches to the head before being choked out. I just don't think they should let that guy fight 21 days later against a top 10 fighter.

Bisping has never been the sharpest tool in the box though, and the UFC just cares about profits, not fighter's health.

Bisping is a big boy who can do what he wants. The UFC didn't force him to do anything.

Before I get jumped on for trying to take something away from Kelvin's win, please know that I would pick Gastelum over Bisping regardless. Kelvin did a great job, he should be proud of beating one of the toughest fighters ever on the UFC's roster.

But allowing, or should I say recruiting, a fighter who was knocked down and choked out 21 days ago to take short notice fight in China, against a top 10 contender is disgusting. They capitalized on Bisping's still trending buzz, to have a high profile former champion save the card after Anderson got flagged.

I simply don't see this fight being allowed in Nevada, California or New York. Sure, I get the fact that he wasn't suspended after the GSP fight, but that shouldn't be an excuse for the promotion to put this guy back into the ring. And yes, I am aware that Bisping is a grown man who can make decisions for himself... but in this case, he shouldn't have been allowed to even consider the option.

The UFC should never have considered Bisping as an option to fill in for Anderson Silva, they did what they did because they needed a high profile fill in for the fight, and completely disregarded fighter safety.
I thought it was pretty crazy he would be allowed to fight so soon

Bisping is a big boy who can do what he wants. The UFC didn't force him to do anything.
Not suggesting for a second that he was forced... I am stating that he should never have been asked.

My argument has nothing to do with the fighters involved. I am simply disappointed that the UFC made this fight happen at all.

Fuck him. He ducked everybody for a year when he had the belt but as soon as he lost it he is ready for a short notice fight.

He wanted the fight, he got the fight. Glad he got KTFO. That is a payback for all the ducking he did.

He took the fight and made his money. Many didn't see him winning but the guy is a fighter. Time for him to ride off into the sunset. Back to FS1.

You realize the UFC had him checked out and cleared by doctors prior to even letting him step in for the fight?

Bisping WANTED the fight and the UFC needed a person with a high profile to step in on short notice that could actually get into China in an expedited amount of time.

You act like the UFC asked Bisping to do this.

This is the hurt business and if you actually pay attention fighters ratan's ever enter the cage at 100%.

And like someone else mentioned he was choked out. There are hundreds of thousands of people that do BJJ, sambo, or judo that get choked unconscious and 20 minutes later are back on the mat rolling.

Hell I've seen high wrestlers get slammed for 15 minutes on a mat and 90 minutes later are competing in the 3rd place bracket.

If you watched it, you can't complain

For sure, but it's not just that. I think the biggest problem is that he went through a grueling fight camp, fought GSP and then is supposed to fight again in a few weeks. Even if he had won the GSP fight, physically and emotionally no man is up for it again in 3 weeks.

Wish more guys would step up and take challenges like bisping did

Lost the belt and still wanted to get back in there

<{JustBleed}>

Sometimes the JBG gives you his blessing. Sometimes the JBG needs a sacrifice

We’re you echoing similar sentiments when they pulled Henderson away from his early bird special to fight for the belt?

You realize the UFC had him checked out and cleared by doctors prior to even letting him step in for the fight?

Bisping WANTED the fight and the UFC needed a person with a high profile to step in on short notice that could actually get into China in an expedited amount of time.

You act like the UFC asked Bisping to do this.

This is the hurt business and if you actually pay attention fighters ratan's ever enter the cage at 100%.

And like someone else mentioned he was choked out. There are hundreds of thousands of people that do BJJ, sambo, or judo that get choked unconscious and 20 minutes later are back on the mat rolling.

Hell I've seen high wrestlers get slammed for 15 minutes on a mat and 90 minutes later are competing in the 3rd place bracket.

I'm calling b.s on those medical check ups. The UFC probably had his eyes, ears, mouth and blood checked and that was it. No way a guy who got smashes three weeks ago is being cleared to fight by a legit doctor.

And Bisping didn't just get choked out, he got rocked and dropped.

Stop trying to justify this negligent fight.

Back