Shadowboxing fun vid*

@Sano

Glad to hear thats its not a injury or pain. I was looking at you spine being completly still with no movement. You see muay thai fighters having that curved cobra like back. Always moving a bit. Kinda like the breathing animation on the sprites in the old 2d fighting games like street fighter. If that making any sense at all.

Probably just the stance you like to be in. I know better then to try to correct it. Never fuck with another strikers stance. Everybody got their own version that works for them.

You kinda got a daniel ghita thing going on. Nothing wrong with that.

<5>

Yeah I see what you mean, but oddly enough my lead hook to the body is probably my best punch. I drop people all the time with it if I'm not careful. Nothing better than hitting that liver and watching someone fall to the floor HEHE. Anyway, I feel like it's a hard one. I like to step to the outside and put my weight forward a little and come forward and up with my lead when using the hook to the body. It's way different than pulling it back, shifting weight to the back foot and really turning over on something like the check hook. Different mechanics.

good things about being a big strong guy lol

@Sano

Glad to hear thats its not a injury or pain. I was looking at you spine being completly still with no movement. You see muay thai fighters having that curved cobra like back. Always moving a bit. Kinda like the breathing animation on the sprites in the old 2d fighting games like street fighter. If that making any sense at all.

Probably just the stance you like to be in. I know better then to try to correct it. Never fuck with another strikers stance. Everybody got their own version that works for them.

You kinda got a daniel ghita thing going on. Nothing wrong with that.

<5>
Yeah my stance is kinda weird. I like standing with a tall back and straight posture. It makes it easier for me to bounce in and out, puts my cervical spine in a good position and my punches flow much more smooth and fast in that stance. If I'm hunched over, I'm not as fluid and fast. Kinda like Till or Vicente Luque, even though he uses a high guard (if you haven't watched his last fight you really should). Cons for me are that I have to be aware not to stand too tall, not getting my chin up and keep bending and engaging my legs. I do get a bit lazy with the straight legs sometimes.

At the same time, I want to be able to use the hips and have an actual inside game. Roll, slip so on. It's not easy kinda doing both.

I've been struggling with the stance for a long time, but I've finally found a way to blend the two together somewhat. Or rather, it's slowly turning into something that feels just right for me.

I'll keep working! Thanks for the input as always!

good things about being a big strong guy lol
You're making me blush.

Seriously though, I get your point! Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah my stance is kinda weird. I like standing with a tall back and straight posture. It makes it easier for me to bounce in and out, puts my cervical spine in a good position and my punches flow much more smooth and fast in that stance. If I'm hunched over, I'm not as fluid and fast. Kinda like Till or Vicente Luque, even though he uses a high guard (if you haven't watched his last fight you really should). Cons for me are that I have to be aware not to stand too tall, not getting my chin up and keep bending and engaging my legs. I do get a bit lazy with the straight legs sometimes.

At the same time, I want to be able to use the hips and have an actual inside game. Roll, slip so on. It's not easy kinda doing both.

I've been struggling with the stance for a long time, but I've finally found a way to blend the two together somewhat. Or rather, it's slowly turning into something that feels just right for me.

I'll keep working! Thanks for the input as always!

You're making me blush.

Seriously though, I get your point! Thanks for the heads up!
It takes time to discover your groove. For a long time I thought I was an outside fighter, but really I'm naturally more of a pocket pressure type guy.

It does make sense, it matches with my personality in things outside of fighting so that part came more natural.

I guess in your case the only flaw for now, is well... when manlets breach your space and you can't use your full reach. You'll figure something out though.

It takes time to discover your groove. For a long time I thought I was an outside fighter, but really I'm naturally more of a pocket pressure type guy.

It does make sense, it matches with my personality in things outside of fighting so that part came more natural.

I guess in your case the only flaw for now, is well... when manlets breach your space and you can't use your full reach. You'll figure something out though.
Yeah, that's why I have started to learn sitting down more and rolling, blocking more and so on. It's a part of my game that is developing. The guy I am coached by atm is exactly that. Short, very powerful, midrange/inside fighter, fast hooks.

Back