Sexual Harassment- It's nearly time for clemency (opinion)

Why, are you poor, had to eat a t a soup kitchen?
Nah, plans fell through so we ended up saying fuck it and going to Cracker Barrel. Oof. That was a whole lot of mistakes for one plate.

Nah, plans fell through so we ended up saying fuck it and going to Cracker Barrel. Oof. That was a whole lot of mistakes for one plate.

Yet another piece of the puzzle.

TBH- I've always wanted to try that place.

Yet another piece of the puzzle.

TBH- I've always wanted to try that place.
Been there twice, first time it was okay for a diner. You can grab the waitresses' asses though, says right there on the menu.

Isn't Louis the second person that this thing hit? Or at least he was one of the first. There is no room for "until" there. You aren't living in the same timeline as the rest of us. Are you on drugs?

Louis was a full month after Weinstein's allegations and after Spacey, Hoffman, Seagal, Stone, Ratner, Piven and Masterson.

I will have absolutely nothing to do with this, period. Sexual harrassment has absolutely zero existence in my life and it's going to stay that way.

These women who want to lecture the wide range of men, including me, on this topic can fuck off.

Louis was a full month after Weinstein's allegations and after Spacey, Hoffman, Seagal, Stone, Ratner, Piven and Masterson.
Then I'm not on living on the same timeline as the rest of you, and his point still sucks. Seriously, fuck you people for saying I'm rationalizing. I'm honest & thoughtful about it, and I criticize fairly.

Isn't Louis the second person that this thing hit? Or at least he was one of the first. There is no room for "until" there. You aren't living in the same timeline as the rest of us. Are you on drugs?

It's hard for me to imagine you asking for clemency had Louis not had the need to be watched slapping his salami.

I 'm not sure why you think when someone you work with asks you to watch them masurbate, it should be considered "less serious"

If those women were on a date with him.. I would have zero problem it.

Let's not conflate Hollywood and lifestyles of the rich & famous with the average American work environment.

This isn't true. My wife knows a lady that has been in oil and gas and she has had clients stick their hands under her dress. She has had to go out of her way to bring someone with when meeting with clients so it is never one on one and she has gotten pressure for not drinking and partying with them late into the night. There is a lot of stuff that goes on but few bring it up publicly. This is not at all just hollywood thing. Some people get pretty nasty when they think they can get away with it.

It's hard for me to imagine you asking for clemency had Louis not had the need to be watched slapping his salami.

I 'm not sure why you think when someone you work with asks you to watch them masurbate, it should be considered "less serious"

If those women were on a date with him.. I would have zero problem it.
Sorry it's hard for you to imagine. But that's your problem.

just gladly point me to your post where you took this silly stance of clemency with anyone else.
A mind of iron.

I'm talking about the whole situation, which is incredibly obvious. Holy shit, dude.

A mind of iron.

I'm talking about the whole situation, which is incredibly obvious. Holy shit, dude.

Right and I'm saying the only reason your taking this stance is because Louie can't keep his dick in his pants.

You still don't understand that's what I'm saying?

Had Louie not been involved you would be like f*** them all. Minus Al atleast.

Let me try it a third way. you're a fan of Louie and it has put goggles on you.

You are missing a great deal of context. You are assuming that was the first and only incident regarding that employee. I think you will find that people who behave that way do so consistently.

That said, it would not surprise me that a one off incident like that resulted in a dismissal. Especially in this climate. It's a simple risk analysis for the company. Are they more likely to lose more/make more by firing the person or keeping them.

But summary dismissals for first offenses, particularly in less blatant issue than this with more shades of gray, also open a company up to legal exposure. But many companies prefer exposure for over reacting or reacting to hastily than for under reacting or being to slow to react. And I agree with that for the most part.

But your notion that people just get fired for this stuff is not only naive and absurd, but patently false. A common thread among the majority of theses instances is that people have known about the behavior of the perps for quite some time.

Wrong.

Why are people acting like anyone's career is over?
Roman Polanski raped a child. Fully penetrated a drugged up 13 year old. Has an Oscar and celebs fly half way around the world to work for him.
Every one of the accused will be back to work by next spring. In few years I bet even Harvey is producing again.
Let people rage and say what they want...none of it matters in the long run.

Right and I'm saying the only reason your taking this stance is because Louie can't keep his dick in his pants.

You still don't understand that's what I'm saying?

Had Louie not been involved you would be like f*** them all. Minus Al atleast.

Let me try it a third way. you're a fan of Louie and it has put goggles on you.
The evidence is stacked against your beliefs (which is something I'm sure you're used to). I called out Louis' apology as bullshit while most others thought it was good, and I haven't criticized the decision to pull his film and netflix stuff. What's really happening here is that you have a bug up your ass with my name on it, and you're not smart enough to hang.

'Won't someone think of the rapists!'

Back