Sexual Harassment- It's nearly time for clemency (opinion)

Cool stories. I have one too. Coworkers decided to go to a bar after work. A male coworker bets the female coworker $20 he could make her breasts move without touching them. He then proceeded to grab her titts and gave her $20 for which he was reported to HR.

Except he wasn’t even reported by the female. It was a third employee who felt it was inappropriate. After a investigation the titt grabber was terminated.

Only one thing matters regarding harassment: PERCEPTION.

If anyone perceives anything to be inappropriate that personal can (and often is) separated from the company for the smallest of things.

Such as: the male employee who was let go because - once again - a third person perceived it inappropriate the way he brushed against a female employee exiting a office.

You are missing a great deal of context. You are assuming that was the first and only incident regarding that employee. I think you will find that people who behave that way do so consistently.

That said, it would not surprise me that a one off incident like that resulted in a dismissal. Especially in this climate. It's a simple risk analysis for the company. Are they more likely to lose more/make more by firing the person or keeping them.

But summary dismissals for first offenses, particularly in less blatant issue than this with more shades of gray, also open a company up to legal exposure. But many companies prefer exposure for over reacting or reacting to hastily than for under reacting or being to slow to react. And I agree with that for the most part.

But your notion that people just get fired for this stuff is not only naive and absurd, but patently false. A common thread among the majority of theses instances is that people have known about the behavior of the perps for quite some time.

Didn't read OP, but no dice based on the title.

But, I have no problem with individuals earning/working/whatever their way back.

Once again system of a down was way ahead of their time

Not only the fact that the press/people give them an instant guilty but...

The fact some of the accused are just rolling over so easily, if I had an accusation of that weight thrown at me,one with as much negative ramifications that something like sexual harassment carry..I’d sue every fucker I could for defamation/damages/distress..I’d make it a point to show that accusations of that seriousness shouldn’t be acceptable without evidence.

The attention/money whores would filter out if people fought back imo.

Also, these victims have pretty much fucked the real victims ..they’ve trivialized actual /legitimate claims.

The fact that someone’s word ,from 20/30 years ago can destroy your career is sad/scary...the progressive agenda will not be happy until we truly have lost every right a democracy offers.

The rolling over is strange, considering the ramifications. I think some are foolishly attempting to atone for their actions, in hopes that they'll be forgiven, but as each career goes down in flames, that's proving to be quite presumptuous and naive.

It reminds me of when I'm watching a show like "The First 48", and the interrogators convince the perp to talk to them without a lawyer, because they claim they can "help them" if they come clean. Those morons go to prison, while the smart dudes who lawyer up, go free 9/10 times.

Instances of it or as a matter of course?

Shifting gears, where's the push for more modest apparel? Skirts and heels are purposefully titillating. Makeup is purely designed to enhance attractiveness. If women don't want unwelcome advances in the work place then they should quit using sexual appeal to gain an advantage. Play stupid games...

Thanks Islam.

@Fawlty took time to write something that wasn't a shit post which everything on here is a shit post.

I commend him for doing so.

I agree for the most part.

CK hit me in the feels. It was very hard for me to process and digest that. I love him, mostly bc his act is largely based on being open about flaws and celebrating them too an extent. He's a flawed human being. he attempts to own it.

One of the women who he was involved with acknowledged that what happened had much to do with being flawed and maybe less to do with being a predator.

these are the growing pains of learning to be moral.

We should all do more to give a little to the other side, and I think we will be better off.

these are the growing pains of learning to be moral.

Louis repeatedly asked his coworker to watch him masturbate. This is something every guy knows is immoral. It's not like this is some kind of shifting morality, it's been that way for a while. Get out of here with "growing pains".

Didn't read OP, but no dice based on the title.

But, I have no problem with individuals earning/working/whatever their way back.
Literal judging a book by its cover. Why not just shit on the floor and invite your parents over, instead of saying that?

Literal judging a book by its cover. Why not just shit on the floor and invite your parents over, instead of saying that?

Fuck man, the OP was like 5,000 words Give us some cliffs or something.

Why are you so rustled?

Fuck man, the OP was like 5,000 words Give us some cliffs or something.

Why are you so rustled?
Spread it around too, with a squeegee or something, so that everywhere you step there is some shit there. Like, you can't even play "hot lava" to get from one end of the room to the other.

I understand the OP and it has merit.

But the perpetrators already were granted a kind of clemency when they didn’t have to face consqenecs of their actions for years and years and enjoyed getting away with it. If they had copped to it then their careers might not have to suffer so harshly. But they tried to get away with it and that makes it worse when caught.

Spread it around too, with a squeegee or something, so that everywhere you step there is some shit there. Like, you can't even play "hot lava" to get from one end of the room to the other.

Well, you certainly seem to be a real asshole. Good luck on killing yourself this weekend.

Well, you certainly seem to be a real asshole. Good luck on killing yourself this weekend.
Maybe don't barge in declaring ignorance, and we can talk about something other than your shit-stained floor and your parents. You probably had a better Thanksgiving dinner than I did, for what it's worth.

Maybe don't barge in declaring ignorance, and we can talk about something other than your shit-stained floor and your parents. You probably had a better Thanksgiving dinner than I did, for what it's worth.

Why, are you poor, had to eat a t a soup kitchen?

What @Fawlty is basically saying. I was okay with this until it started hitting the people that I like.
Isn't Louis the second person that this thing hit? Or at least he was one of the first. There is no room for "until" there. You aren't living in the same timeline as the rest of us. Are you on drugs?

Back