Sexual Harassment- It's nearly time for clemency (opinion)

The "casting couch" symbol may be exclusive to Hollywood, but the transactional significance absolutely is not.

Why do you presume that all careers outside of entertainment are fungible and easily discarded? Male bosses exploit female underlings all the time in every industry. Even the "dead end jobs" are relied upon by persons needing to get by and put food on the table.

It's why employment discrimination law exists: tangible employment actions attached to quid pro quo propositions.

Solely and exclusively? Most often not. Besides that, yes, physical appearances penetrates hiring in just about every possible career field.

From your perspective, I'm sure that male bosses exploit everybody, all the time, not merely the females. But the fact is that what happens in Hollywood is exclusive to Hollywood. There is no culture around women granting sexual favours for job opportunities, except in the film industry. A nurse or a shopkeeper doesn't need to suck someone's prick in order to keep their job. They don't get involved in the drug-fueled and sex-crazed partying that Hollywood celebrities are known to partake in, on a regular basis. You do not see paparazzi following regular people in hopes that they'll do something insane, because they generally don't. Hollywood celebrities do. They're a collective of some of the craziest people in America, who are willing to do pretty much anything to make it.

The average "boss" doesn't get to hand out promises of money and fame, to every individual that works for them. The average boss also isn't surrounded by an "enabling" work environment where having sex with the boss is seen as a "rites of passage" for getting hired, for as long as people can remember. The average boss also doesn't work with vulnerable people who suffer from drug addictions and a variety of mental instabilities, due to the public role and pressure involved with the job.

Everybody knew what happens in Hollywood, it's hardly something that came as a surprise except to the most ignorant of people. We're seeing the sleaze center of America being exposed for what it is. But to say that this casts a shadow over all of America, over every industry?

While I can understand the temptation to use this scandal to stir up division and rally up fervor within the "ranks" of the easily excited, we have to take a step back and look at Hollywood for what it is. A cess-pool. Famous for being such, for the past century or so. Not the average representation of America. Not even close.

What we see is what happens when people's sexual activity is turned up to a fever pitch, to where sex comes to dominate all human interaction. We ought to learn to not idolize the extreme. There are, unfortunately, some dark aspects to that, and we are now seeing it for ourselves.

Last edited:
The system of male oppression claimed by women, that allowed men to get away with so much harassment for so long, that has been steadily changing for the better during my life.

How are women oppressed sexually? Women can be incredibly predatorial when it comes to sex. Society gives them a pass though. Men use their power (money/position) to get sex. Women use sex to get power.

Why is one demonized and not the other? There are most definitely predators of both genders

wait, are you saying a publication came out with a rumor mill with those very names 10 years ago?

thats incredibly interesting.

Yeap.

Abc radio national had the editor on last night. Said they would post up a cached web page but couldn't find it aftet an admittedly half arsed search. And one correction Weinstein wasn't on the list, he was a one time partial owner of the mag.

How are women oppressed sexually? Women can be incredibly predatorial when it comes to sex. Society gives them a pass though. Men use their power (money/position) to get sex. Women use sex to get power.

Why is one demonized and not the other? There are most definitely predators of both genders

Given time they too shall be judged imo.

It's a good point, or thought process.

But for any sexual harassment in the workplace, that person shouldn't work there anymore.

There can be societal clemency, but not workplace. For the betterment of everyone we have to firm on that.

Just don't pull out your dick without being asked in places associated with your work.

How has this become controversial

Right

Don't pull your penis out, unless you really need to

From your perspective, I'm sure that male bosses exploit everybody, all the time, not merely the females. But the fact is that what happens in Hollywood is exclusive to Hollywood. There is no culture around women granting sexual favours for job opportunities, except in the film industry. A nurse or a shopkeeper doesn't need to suck someone's prick in order to keep their job. They don't get involved in the drug-fueled and sex-crazed partying that Hollywood celebrities are known to partake in, on a regular basis. You do not see paparazzi following regular people in hopes that they'll do something insane, because they generally don't. Hollywood celebrities do. They're a collective of some of the craziest people in America, who are willing to do pretty much anything to make it.

The average "boss" doesn't get to hand out promises of money and fame, to every individual that works for them.

Buzzkill. Now I'm not so sure working my way up the ladder is gonna be worth it. :(

Once had a job where I was the dude that suggested all the raises. The obviously hot chick in the office approached me to discuss a raise for all her hard work. Still remember her standing in my doorway with that smile and pose. In a word, let's call it becoming. Never saw her like that before or after. Like a dumb shit in a relationship to scare of getting busted for hitting on chicks or cheating, I gave her one to the next teir up without getting any pussy. Regret of my life now that I know the system condoned it. :mad::(:oops:

Of course the TS with the sexually assaultive pervert avatar will not intelligently acknowledge the extent to which women use sex to get what they want.
:D

It's a good point, or thought process.

But for any sexual harassment in the workplace, that person shouldn't work there anymore.

There can be societal clemency, but not workplace. For the betterment of everyone we have to firm on that.

In the context of you quoting nothing, is it dishonest of me to have questions regarding this post?

Asking for a friend.

Whenever I assosicate with women now all I do is put my hands above my head and scream “my hands are above my head!”

It doesn’t help that I have my penis out when I do it though

Buzzkill. Now I'm not so sure working my way up the ladder is gonna be worth it. :(

Once had a job where I was the dude that suggested all the raises. The obviously hot chick in the office approached me to discuss a raise for all her hard work. Still remember her standing in my doorway with that smile and pose. In a word, let's call it becoming. Never saw her like that before or after. Like a dumb shit in a relationship to scare of getting busted for hitting on chicks or cheating, I gave her one to the next teir up without getting any pussy. Regret of my life now that I know the system condoned it. :mad::(:oops:

Of course the TS with the sexually assaultive pervert avatar will not intelligently acknowledge the extent to which women use sex to get what they want.
:D

Any woman with a half-decent body can make a living these days. And they don't need to resort to prostitution or giving their boss a blowjob, either. All they need is an IPhone, to upload some videos and pictures on the internet that all the men can drool over. They're about as free as anyone can possibly be within the context of a human society, with as few responsibilities to shoulder as anyone can have.

Women have always had it easy, and will continue to. Yes they had to raise children and stay in the kitchen, back when the men were off hacking and slashing each other to pieces in wars and working 12 to 15 hour days of physical labour on the fields, usually breaking down by their 20's. Boo, fuckin' hoo. We didn't see any women's movements back then for a reason, because women, for the most part, didn't want any piece of that.

They started showing up when machines had eliminated most of the hardships that were involved with regular life before the 20th century.

Last edited:
Any woman with a half-decent body can make a living these days. And they don't need to resort to prostitution or giving their boss a blowjob, either. All they need is an IPhone, to upload some videos and pictures on the internet that all the men can drool over. They're about as free as anyone can possibly be within the context of a human society, with as few responsibilities to shoulder as anyone can have.

Women have always had it easy, and will continue to. Yes they had to raise children and stay in the kitchen, back when the men were off hacking and slashing each other to pieces in wars and working 12 to 15 hour days of physical labour on the fields, usually breaking down by their 20's. Boo, fuckin' hoo. We didn't see any women's movements back then for a reason, because women, for the most part, didn't want any piece of that.

They started showing up when machines had eliminated most of the hardships that were involved with regular life before the 20th century.

Amen. That and government welfare.

Still don't once ever recall women marching for the right to get drafted.

Amen. That and government welfare.

Still don't once ever recall women marching for the right to get drafted.

It's all about cherry-picking the privileges while evading any potential responsibilities. Even the mere idea of a responsibility seems downright offensive and patriarchal.

If men, as a collective, had operated on that mind-set, the human race would've never amounted to shit. We'd be like the Bonobo apes, fucking away in the jungle (with some sexual harassment allegations thrown in), until a natural disaster destroys our habitat. And then we would be no more. Seems to be a lot of people's utopia nowadays

Not saying that all women operate based on that mentality but there is certainly an attempt to collectivize the females as a social group, to represent that type of thinking.

Go down that road you end up with burkas

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Modesty can be valued without oppression. And @Cubo de Sangre didn't seem to be suggesting that certain clothes be banned, just that one takes responsibility for one's own part in the outcomes that one faces. If you dress in a sexually enticing manner, you're probably going to draw some sexual attention. Some of it you'll want, some of it you won't - but it was your choice to take the good with the bad.

How about we men exercise a little self control instead

Everyone should exercise self-control, but not everyone is going to.
I can exercise the self-control of a saint, but that's not going to stop some other jackass from being a piece of shit. And I should not be lumped in with the piece-of-shit jackass just because he couldn't exercise self-control and we both happen to be male.

How about everyone acknowledges that, much as it might suck, bad people exist, and we should probably account for that fact when we make whatever plans we make.

It's all about cherry-picking the privileges while evading any potential responsibilities. Even the mere idea of a responsibility seems downright offensive and patriarchal.

If men, as a collective, had operated on that mind-set, the human race would've never amounted to shit. We'd be like the Bonobo apes, fucking away in the jungle (with some sexual harassment allegations thrown in), until a natural disaster destroys our habitat. And then we would be no more. Seems to be a lot of people's utopia nowadays

Not saying that all women operate based on that mentality but there is certainly an attempt to collectivize the females as a social group, to represent that type of thinking.

Human wisdom is often concise.

The-grass-is-always-greener-585x781.jpg

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Modesty can be valued without oppression. And @Cubo de Sangre didn't seem to be suggesting that certain clothes be banned, just that one takes responsibility for one's own part in the outcomes that one faces. If you dress in a sexually enticing manner, you're probably going to draw some sexual attention. Some of it you'll want, some of it you won't - but it was your choice to take the good with the bad.

Everyone should exercise self-control, but not everyone is going to.
I can exercise the self-control of a saint, but that's not going to stop some other jackass from being a piece of shit. And I should not be lumped in with the piece-of-shit jackass just because he couldn't exercise self-control and we both happen to be male.

How about everyone acknowledges that, much as it might suck, bad people exist, and we should probably account for that fact when we make whatever plans we make.

Pretty much. :)

It's almost like people want people to take responsibility for the actions of others just because they're the same gender sex male. Let's abolish the draft just for men and I'll worry a little bit more about some unwanted grabass at the office. How about that? :cool:

I posted that because someone asked to show there was prevalence outside the entertainment industry. Don't be such a negative Nancy.
Yes and it shows that when you are most physically attractive the more likely you are to be sexually harassed upon when surrounded by dudes.

Earth. Shattering.

If we are talking "big picture" then I say we take a lesson from De Sade; some people want to dominate and some people want to be dominated. Society should make it as easy as possible for these people to find each other and fulfill themselves. The sexual freedom of a society is a direct correlation to the political freedom of a society. Institutions that acquire and hoard power combined with a sexually suppressed society will produce tons of sexual harassment.

This is an actual phenomenon. It's an immensely complicated one, but it does exist.

I think it's just about confidence. People are drawn to that, and more-confident people also are more likely to be assholes. But ceteris paribus, women would prefer partners who are not assholes.

Back