Severus Snape is one of the best, most complex characters ever

Is he

• Total voters

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rewatching Harry Potter. This dude is the best character ever. I also read the books, you literally love and hate him at the same time.

Weird to post this in the warroom
Or do you expect to get flamed for announcing your homo-ness in this unusual way

Watched the Goblet of Fire the other day and am amazed the man is gone. What a tremendous actor.

Alan Rickman was an amazing actor. As a character, Snape was extremely complex character that you never really got to know until he was dying. His death brought so much light to the way he was in life, and made EVERYTHING make sense.

Alan Rickman was an amazing actor. As a character, Snape was extremely complex character that you never really got to know until he was dying. His death brought so much light to the way he was in life, and made EVERYTHING make sense.

As I'm rewatching the series, it's pretty cool to see how much is foreshadowing

Never really followed the series. He was in love with Potter's mom but dad Potter was a dick? So he both loved and hated Harry?

Ive never watched or read any harry potters or lotr

Never really followed the series. He was in love with Potter's mom but dad Potter was a dick? So he both loved and hated Harry?
kinda, he also vowed to protect Harry, but hated him because he was James' son. He also killed dumbledore at his request to protect Harry.

He certainly is (if you've never progressed past young adult fiction )

I personally really liked Severus. It's hard to trust people who are "perfect" in real life, and it feels like bad storytelling to see characters like that in literature. But Snape was the total inverse of that, really polarizing in all the right ways. Probably the strongest part of the series in my opinion. I think he was a good dude, I still don't understand why Lilly chose to be with James, he sounded like an asshole.

Favorite character in the series. Yes it’s a children’s novel but JKs writing is great and the depth spectacular.

Back