Sets x Reps - What's Yours?

Thats 20-30min right there.
Per accessory its about 20, i'll do around 2-3 or superset antagonists at times. Last two weeks it's been mains and off to work though. But my schedule is becoming more rigid so more ME time is ahead.

"I used to do low reps but i didn't work for me, can't stand that cns stress with all the specific mma training. I do 3*10 full speed now and I like it. I even dropped the basics and replaced with the explosive counterpart, weighted jumps for squat, power cleans for deadlifts and so on, and upping weight every time I can."

I found the opposite- that higher rep, high-difficulty sets were tougher to recover from. I used to squat and deadlift for 8 reps because I thought I should, and I would get so incredibly sore..... I'd get DOMS and I'd be very sore even 48-72 hours later. Reducing it to 3-5 reps is much much easier on my body. I'm primarily a slow-twitch muscle guy BTW, not sure if that makes a difference

"I used to do low reps but i didn't work for me, can't stand that cns stress with all the specific mma training. I do 3*10 full speed now and I like it. I even dropped the basics and replaced with the explosive counterpart, weighted jumps for squat, power cleans for deadlifts and so on, and upping weight every time I can."

I found the opposite- that higher rep, high-difficulty sets were tougher to recover from. I used to squat and deadlift for 8 reps because I thought I should, and I would get so incredibly sore..... I'd get DOMS and I'd be very sore even 48-72 hours later. Reducing it to 3-5 reps is much much easier on my body. I'm primarily a slow-twitch muscle guy BTW, not sure if that makes a difference
That CNS stuff cracks me up.

Oh my god my CNS! Wtf does that even mean or feel like?

I generally perform between 1-6 sets of 1-20 reps, although occasionally change it up.

Sorta like those old "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" PSAs, except replace brain with CNS and drugs with overtraining (without drugs).

right now I'm doing four sets.
I start at 5x5x5x5
then when that is easy I go to 6x6x5x5 then 6x6x6x6 then 7x7x6x6 and 7x7x7x7 and finally 8x8x7x7 and 8x8x8x8
then I'll add ten-15 pounds and start again from 5x5x5x5.
At this rate it takes me 3 weeks to improve each lift by 12.5 average pounds.

Hepburn

Prilepins_Table.jpg

try this.

I'm quite aware of this table. I'm not really asking for help on setting up my rep and set ranges. I'm curious to know what others do, and why they chose it.

big lifts- 8 sets 3 reps.

accessory work- 3 sets 10-12 reps.

I'm waving weeks of 3x8 - 3x5 - 3x3 with the last set going AMRAP for my main lifts (squat, press, weighted chins, bench, pednaly row) except for the DL where I do 6-4-2 couse volume seems to fuck my back.

For assistance, I do 3x8-12 reps, and paused squats and paused bench for 5-6 sets of 4-5 reps.

The-Juggernaut-Method.jpg

This is the best knowledge I've ever had. At the end of each realisation you see how many over the prescribed reps you manage and add 1kilo for each rep for lower body or half for each rep over for upper.

I lifted a 75% deadlift for a minimum of 10 yesterday in the first realisation and lifted 16 so my training max went up from 190 to 196.

The movement from volume to intensity seems to keep me moving forwards the fastest of any system yet.

It is my friend.

Like being rapidly weak for any lift for a day or so. Almost like having a cold without feeling shit.

Back