Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

Last 2 episodes have been the strongest IMO.

I didn't like the last episode as much as the past few. I just found their manner in disguise too unbelievable to get as immersed as we should, considering it's the first time a human has set foot on a Krill ship. My only beef with the show is the spotty comedy and how it can hurt a poignant episode such as this. However, this episode still helped us understand the Krill motivations and the ending scene, where the teacher warns Seth....that was damn chilling. They planted a great seed.

Acting and character development (the latter especially) are paramount to a quality story and the Orville has done an amazing job so far in those regards. I like every character on the ship. They are being fleshed out very well. Guest stars have been excellently played too.

Unlike STD, which has a lot more to fix, as there are only two or three characters I enjoy, improving the comedy is an easy task, so I'm not worried there.

I get a kick out of snooty critics who say this show is confused. It knows exactly what it is and that's a comedic drama.

I almost gave up after the pilot but I’m hooked. Pleasantly surprised by the mix of comedy and drama.

They've had 6 shows and there already in reruns?

still liking the show.. the hurtz line in the last one was great

While the Orville's live rating have been so so, the DVR and repeat episodes viewership is outstanding.

This weeks episode was the best since the pilot
Fuckin Facebook world will be us within 20 years

Great episode. This show isn’t pure comedy like Family Guy. It’s more adventure than anything else. This last episode Majority Vote is a must watch

I've been pleasantly surprised by the show after a few friends convinced me to give it a chance. Last night's episode was pretty cool; probably not my favorite so far, but from the word of mouth on RT I was expecting a train wreck. The pilot was pretty bad, yeah, but I feel like it's been trending upwards since then (aside from maybe episode 3).

I've been pleasantly surprised by the show after a few friends convinced me to give it a chance. Last night's episode was pretty cool; probably not my favorite so far, but from the word of mouth on RT I was expecting a train wreck. The pilot was pretty bad, yeah, but I feel like it's been trending upwards since then (aside from maybe episode 3).
u didnt like the pilot? that was one of the best ones

Has he cracked any brave Harvey Weinstein jokes on the show yet?

I didn't like the last episode as much as the past few. I just found their manner in disguise too unbelievable to get as immersed as we should, considering it's the first time a human has set foot on a Krill ship. My only beef with the show is the spotty comedy and how it can hurt a poignant episode such as this. However, this episode still helped us understand the Krill motivations and the ending scene, where the teacher warns Seth....that was damn chilling. They planted a great seed.

Acting and character development (the latter especially) are paramount to a quality story and the Orville has done an amazing job so far in those regards. I like every character on the ship. They are being fleshed out very well. Guest stars have been excellently played too.

Unlike STD, which has a lot more to fix, as there are only two or three characters I enjoy, improving the comedy is an easy task, so I'm not worried there.

I get a kick out of snooty critics who say this show is confused. It knows exactly what it is and that's a comedic drama.

I agree. It has a similar feel to Scrubs. Scrubs was funny, but it was just as much a drama. Hell, even Futurama could floor me with the feels back in the day.

I don't like how people need a show to be just one thing sometimes.

The last one with the witches was supposed to be a knock on Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood.

Interesting. I saw it as a knock on neo-Nazis and the alt-right because of dialogue where the other witches were afraid of being associated with the real witch. This is mainly because of all the people I've hard say that they shouldn't be associated with neo-Nazis just because they're alt right. I haven't heard a Weinstein equivalent to that and there was plenty of dialogue in that South Park episode along those lines.

Where did you hear that? Is that something the SP guys have stated?

Back