Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

This weeks episode was pretty close to what you were wanting. Not a new character, but they addressed some major LGBT issues in the episode, and actually pulled it off, without being preachy.

Really? To me it was very "American liberals know best". How does a union of such different worlds even hang together politically if they can't respect each others' cultural differences? Sheesh.

So far I'm liking the show because it does not fit into the normal categories. It takes itself seriously, but not seriously enough not to make jokes. The last episode scene in the elevator has me laughing.

Saw the first episode. I liked it. Not sure about the humour but we'll see how it goes.

On the other hand... there's the visual of what Adrianne Palicki and Halston Sage would look like in tight form-fitting Starfleet uniforms.

That's what this show needs! A "decontamination gel" sequence!

Jolene-Blalock-topless-Enterprise-TPol-holding-her-tits.jpg

You can really tell that Seth and the producers are knowledgeable fans of the genre and care about what they're doing. Even with the fart jokes.

Optimistic for the rest... I heard they went full SJW on the 3rd ep but I am hoping it's not too overt and terrible.

it's not

I rolled my eyes at the beginning of the episode but actually really enjoyed it by the end

I"m enjoying this show so far. But i did forget about last nights episode. Will have to find somewhere online to watch it

That's what this show needs! A "decontamination gel" sequence!

Jolene-Blalock-topless-Enterprise-TPol-holding-her-tits.jpg

And on that note, I'm shamelessly stealing this gif from the Gif Thread that is better than the one I posted up-thread, so you can get a better look at what is under that uniform.

Its alright. It thought it would be more like Family guy with crazy cut scenes. There is a lot of dramatic shit in this.

No doubt that this is a sci-fi drama, and not a comedy like it was originally billed. It has funny moments for sure, but it's going right at issues right out of the gate. I turned it on expecting to hate it because of all the feedback and backlash I saw so far, and I was pleasantly surprised. There's some anti-Seth animus built up with critics which is too bad, the immediate hatred for the show was misplaced. I wouldn't say it's great, but it's good and it's entertaining. I have more hope for it to succeed than Discovery, sadly, but that's partially because I am still a little livid about the paywall to see Discovery.

4th episode wasn't even remotely funny. But it was lead in a classic TNG way, without the Prime Directive. I liked it but I feel the show is already beginning to stall. Not giving up yet. Nice Liam Neeson cameo too!

For This Episode Was Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

I gotta admit, I burst out laughing at this scene
21617789_10156637912302892_2547103031468750931_n.jpg

Apparently Seth wants to have more scenes with Norm Mcdonald, but the green blob is very expensive to add in.

Why is the blob expensive? Seems like an easy model to build.

I don't know why it was billed as a Comedy and I see Fox canceling it because it deals with social issues. Right wingers seem to be upset with an episode that focused on leaving a child the same sex that it was born when they hate transgenders. WTF

Episode 4 was about religious beliefs and intolerance so I could see where that might upset conservatives.

I thought it was pretty good and much better than Discovery.

Man that last episode was pure classic sci-fi, almost like it was ripped out of the pages of a Heinlein short story. I really liked that. So far Seth is out-Trekking actual Trek.

Saw the first episode. I liked it. Not sure about the humour but we'll see how it goes.
I've enjoyed all the episodes so far, but i think the 1st is actually the weakest of them. Keep watching, you'll enjoy

I don't know why it was billed as a Comedy and I see Fox canceling it because it deals with social issues. Right wingers seem to be upset with an episode that focused on leaving a child the same sex that it was born when they hate transgenders. WTF

Episode 4 was about religious beliefs and intolerance so I could see where that might upset conservatives.

Big fox pays the bills for fox news, and Seth is a proven money maker for them. Guaranteed if they tried to screw with him, he would leave the network.

I've enjoyed all the episodes so far, but i think the 1st is actually the weakest of them. Keep watching, you'll enjoy

Yeah I just saw the 2nd about the zoo, it was pretty good. Def has a stng vibe

FOX would only cancel it, if it didn't bring in the viewers. Family Guy, American Dad...not exactly shows that shy away from controversy, and taking shots at conservatism. Just because it's the home of FOX News, doesn't mean they give a fuck when it comes to their shows leaning a certain way, and their track record speaks for itself.

I could see it being cancelled though, simply because it was billed as signature Seth Macfalane comedy seires, and viewers expecting that, might be put off and stop watching. It's a pretty big bait and switch, and I don't know if the target audience is going to stick with it.

There's one thing I dont like about Seth, he tries to make everything political. Just tell jokes bud, nobody cares about your views. (imo)

I'm enjoying it so far. The 4th episode, as others have mentioned, is classic sci-fi and could have easily been an episode of TNG or Voyager.

Back