Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

Not too enthusiastic about MacFarlane being in it, but I may check it out.

Update: July 22, 2017

Comic-Con Trailer for Seth MacFarlane's Sci-Fi Comedy Series ORVILLE

I'm always in with Mac Farlane, even when he misses the mark. His fanboyism shows for this one, the project seems to be his baby. I love how he picked some DS9 guest stars in his casting.

I'm always in with Mac Farlane, even when he misses the mark. His fanboyism shows for this one, the project seems to be his baby. I love how he picked some DS9 guest stars in his casting.
THe ships doctor is Cassidy Yates(Siskos wife) from DS9

I'm looking forward to it as the concept seems like a great idea that could produce a lot of comedic situations. But the previews made it look awful. I also read a critic's review that wasn't so good. But critics are such stuck up cunts that they really don't like any comedy unless it's Wes Anderson movies.

Seth MacFarlane is a painfully unfunny live-action actor.

I was just gonna say the same thing.

Mcfarlane wants to be a live action star so bad. I remember when family first started....he literally had a different voice. he changed his voice to sound deeper. He got rid of his glasses and went from behind the scenes nerd genius to deep voiced leading man.

it isn't him. he belongs behind the scenes.

Was all right. The parts around the wife and him bickering were funny. Rest of the cast minus the pilot, didn't make me laugh once.

May stick with it, will see. The CGI is randomly really good though.

Music sounded very trek so thats a plus

I didnt like the best friend character. I felt like he was annoying

Seth was pretty funny

The makeup is actually pretty good and everyone looks really good

The "black" character is good as cutting the tension and keeping things fun

I think its overall pretty average but it has potential

I enjoyed it. Will be interesting to compare it to Discovery.

Show will get canceled like all of his non-Family guy related shows
It's Fox. Everything gets cancelled. Even Family Guy got cancelled before being brought back.

Anybody watched this yet?
I enjoyed it. Think of it as TNG meets MASH. I think if it focuses on the TNG method of going on a weekly adventure, and not making it slapstick comedy, they will do ok. The comedy bits were funny, but they just need to tow a fine line. Reviews have also said out of the first 3 reviewed episodes, they get better after each.

If this wasn't MacFarlane, I'd be more inclined to give it a chance. But having him run this, and be on screen? No thanks.

Seth is an awful actor and I've never seen anything of his funny other than Family guy (which has been horrible for some time now)

Anybody watched this yet?
Not bad. Not amazing either. I liked the design work and it seems like the creators really do like trek (it's not a negative parody). The biggest weakness of the pilot was it had a bunch of exposition to setup characters and setting that felt hamfisted. Not all the humor worked but I did get a few good laughs.

I'll be watching the next few episodes to see how it goes.

I watched it mainly because it's new among all of the reruns and other things I don't care about. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. It has potential to improve because they had so much setup in this episode that it felt rushed. It needs hotter females and I agree that the sidekick is annoying. I'll watch more but as always with a Fox show, I assume if I like it , it will be cancelled. McFarlane might have more influence on Fox.

I liked it. I was expecting a lot worse due to the negative reviews but it was entertaining.

I thought it was going to be a wacky parody of Star Trek with jokes every 30 seconds. Instead it was like Star Trek with a sense of humor. The makeup was great and the special effects were pretty good but shoddy in some places.

"You just got wood."

Back