Seriously - Platinum Mike Perry is only 25 years old

I think he's going the Paul Felder route. A journeyman already. Max was right, he's slow and predictable. His KO's were in some very favorable match-ups.
Can’t wait for Platinum to start doing color work for the UFC. GOAT potential IMO

I feel like this fact is lost on a lot of people

Regardless of how you feel about his performance against Alan Youran, can we all just acknowledge that Platinum is only 25 years old? A 25 year old with a 100% (T)KO rate is insane. He's basically set to take the torch from someone like Robbie Lawler, except his striking is MORE DIVERSE. Ethereal counter punches against Hyun Gyu Lim, basically KO's Danny Roberts with a knee, hurts Alan Youran with a headkick in round 1 of their fight, and KO's Ellenberger with an elbow.

Now take a look at the age of some of the contenders at WW.

Tyron Woodley - 35
Stephen Thompson - 34
Demian Maia - 39
Robbie Lawler - 35
Jorge Masvidal - 32

So we have a rapidly improving fighter, evidenced by the fact that he beat a higher ranked opponent than Youran, and people still want to shit on this kids undeniable skills? Not only is he rapidly improving, but at just 25 years old he's the hardest hitter in the division.

People just need to accept that win or lose (mostly win), Platinum is going to be around for a while. All the vehemently anti-Platinum people just make the memes more powerful than you can possibly imagine the more you inexplicably hate on this man. He's not going anywhere.
Pretty sure people hate on him because he's an obnoxious, annoying douche.

I mean, i think the age issue is a negative not a positive in this case, mainly because of how he fights, takes a ton of damage, and because of that, his 25, is like being 30 right now... You look at other fighters just like him, and they all have issues down the line with either their chin, or simply not being to evolve past the brawler stage and simply get cut due to many losses.

He needs to fight smarter, and take less damage, or his fan base needs to give up on this magical "best fighter ever/has TONS OF POTENTIAL" because if he just wants to brawl, then lets treat him as that, someone who is like Chris leben and is in there just to have some fun and not go for the title.

To be honest, age is not an issue here. He has a very low fighting IQ. He needs to make changes if he wants to go somewhere with this.

Rapidly improving TS???

He looks worse every fight.

He literally still looks like an amateur with big punching power who has been training 3 months.

He's young but doesn't seem like the type of guy who will improve a ton throughout his career with his fight IQ and shit tier training program

tumblr_oicxuoJD3P1rofocqo1_500.gif

Shoop daddy !

Maybe once he starts acting a little more humble and gets a real coach he may start beating a couple of these cans

He has taken more damage than some 30 year olds though.

i thought his chin, willingpower and ko power could have possibly bring him to the top of the division, but yesterday's performance was painfull to watch.

He seems he got better cardio, but his head movemnt didn't show up at all and that's why he got tagged badly repeatedly.. if u guys watch again his fight against Ponzinibbio, during the 1st and 2nd round, Perry showed a quite impressive head movement and at the end of the day it was a competitive bloody fight.

I don't like to say that, but yesterday Perry's performance was awful. He was simply clueless.
Hopefully he will come back strong, but the guy is taking ton of damage every time he fight.

I miss Kone's rants and tirades

#republicanwarmachine

Back