Seriously - Platinum Mike Perry is only 25 years old

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like this fact is lost on a lot of people

Regardless of how you feel about his performance against Alan Youran, can we all just acknowledge that Platinum is only 25 years old? A 25 year old with a 100% (T)KO rate is insane. He's basically set to take the torch from someone like Robbie Lawler, except his striking is MORE DIVERSE. Ethereal counter punches against Hyun Gyu Lim, basically KO's Danny Roberts with a knee, hurts Alan Youran with a headkick in round 1 of their fight, and KO's Ellenberger with an elbow.

Now take a look at the age of some of the contenders at WW.

Tyron Woodley - 35
Stephen Thompson - 34

Demian Maia - 39
Robbie Lawler - 35
Jorge Masvidal - 32

So we have a rapidly improving fighter, evidenced by the fact that he beat a higher ranked opponent than Youran, and people still want to shit on this kids undeniable skills? Not only is he rapidly improving, but at just 25 years old he's the hardest hitter in the division.

People just need to accept that win or lose (mostly win), Platinum is going to be around for a while. All the vehemently anti-Platinum people just make the memes more powerful than you can possibly imagine the more you inexplicably hate on this man. He's not going anywhere.

the platinum one is actually older than the universe. he was sent here from another galaxy.

So you're saying he has a chance

To still tap Paige van zant

Perry is wise beyond his 25 years.

Agreed 100%. Platinum will reach super stardom very soon. Whether you love him or hate him, he is the kind of just bleed fighter that brings excitement to the division.

I feel like this fact is lost on a lot of people

Regardless of how you feel about his performance against Alan Youran, can we all just acknowledge that Platinum is only 25 years old? A 25 year old with a 100% (T)KO rate is insane. He's basically set to take the torch from someone like Robbie Lawler, except his striking is MORE DIVERSE. Ethereal counter punches against Hyun Gyu Lim, basically KO's Danny Roberts with a knee, hurts Alan Youran with a headkick in round 1 of their fight, and KO's Ellenberger with an elbow.

Now take a look at the age of some of the contenders at WW.

Tyron Woodley - 35
Stephen Thompson - 34
Demian Maia - 39
Robbie Lawler - 35
Jorge Masvidal - 32

So we have a rapidly improving fighter, evidenced by the fact that he beat a higher ranked opponent than Youran, and people still want to shit on this kids undeniable skills? Not only is he rapidly improving, but at just 25 years old he's the hardest hitter in the division.

People just need to accept that win or lose (mostly win), Platinum is going to be around for a while. All the vehemently anti-Platinum people just make the memes more powerful than you can possibly imagine the more you inexplicably hate on this man. He's not going anywhere.
It pisses me off that people label him as an unskilled brawler with no grappling skills too, when he reversed Roberts to take full mount and avoided all of Ellenberger's offence and got back to his feet. There's plenty of footage of his other fights and he even shows good submission defence after being flash KO'd against ... Mundell? (been awhile since I watched that fight)

It really is a scary thought. In 3 years from now the entire top 15 will be over 35 and Platinum Mike Perry will just be reaching his prime ...

tumblr_oicxuoJD3P1rofocqo1_500.gif

Mike is a modern day Chris Leben, he'll have a similar career.

His ceiling is around 8-10 in the world at absolute best.

Well he just knocked the number 13 guy dead, so he's almost at his ceiling at age 25? I don't think so!

how do you know that
Because I've seen enough MMA to accurately evaluate talent. His natural ability isn't enough to carry him beyond that with his subpar intelligence. He's not even on the level of a young Jake Ellenberger. The Ellenberger that fought Condit would literally kill Mike Perry.

Sage is only 19
and he absolutely sucks balls. Not a fighter at all...he just has an overjealous parent that should've been locked up for turning his little kids into physique freaks. disgusting

CnlFpADVIAEG5cS.jpg

Well he just knocked the number 13 guy dead, so he's almost at his ceiling at age 25? I don't think so!
Yes. He doesn't have the intellect required to take his game to another level. Once his chin cracks he's done.

OH MY GAWD!

Back